Nightly builds (NEW)

You don’t need to open it.
You can download directly from box:

cd ~/.update
wget link_to_tar_file
reboot

where link_to_tar_file should be replaced with correct link on tar file.

Thank You.

Bad for my setup: Odroid n2 - AVR (hdmi 1.4) - TV. The image on TV is always “purple”

We are already three, it happens to me in ki pro (S905D) and H96 Pro+ (S912). It also happens to me on the same channel and the same mux channels.

P.D: In x96 air (S905x3), it doesn’t happen to me.

2 Likes

what should i confirm? i have the latest nightly on a n2 - i confirm that i have problems there :wink:

i have no idea what interlace/deinterlace etc. means, so if you could tell me what i should change in the config, i can change it and check it

the kernel used :slight_smile: thanks for N2 mention.
Devs need to look into this (thanks to provided sample its easy to reproduce), but we are now know that Amlogic-ng isnt affected by this “h264 interlaced” problem, Amlogic is.

I use nightly_20200201 on X96 max plus 4g/32g box, Including the recent versions, when playing some videos, such as Our.Planet.2019.S01.2160p.NF.WEBRip.DDP5.1.Atmos.x264-NTb [rartv] In this series, I can hear a short sound from the portable hard disk, there is display a notice the portable hard disk umount in the upper right corner of the screen, Kodi will crash, and then automatically remount. blow are the logs, please check, thank you.

CoreELEC:~ # dmesg | paste
http://ix.io/28Zf

kodi crash log and configs
http://ix.io/28Zc

With the nigthly 20200201, if I pause a video, I wait more than three minutes and play again, the tvbox (x96 air 2/16) restarts.

I cannot find the “NG” nightly build anywhere am i missing something?

A friend has told me that it also happens in the odroid n2 (S922x). Today or tomorrow I attach the log when I pass it.

there was a minor but annoying for some people, problem with the build. so it got pulled. There will be a new NG build tonight.

Thanks cdu13a!

i have a brand new s905x3 box what image should i start with? Or just wait for tonights build?

There should be a new set of nightly builds in a couple of hours, they are compiling now.

1 Like

yes
If your TV support HDR10+ then it should work for HDR10+ content

Banging! Very well done.
Sadly my TV doesn’t, but at some point in the future I will look into upgrading it. I would like to get a TV that supports all HDR flavors which I believe isn’t that common yet (I know some panny sets do and maybe a few others), but I suspect we will see more of those in 2020.
Of course if you also want a multi-channel set up a chain of upgrades is needed: Supporting TV with eARC and an AVR with eARC. I don’t think any AVR supports HDR10+ yet, could be wrong though.

In Odroid N2, this problem also occurs. Both in the stable and last night.
Dmesg: CoreELEC - Pastebin.com
Video: MEGA

In the video, a channel that works well and the channel that fails in the “Odroid N2” is tested. And as the channel that fails, in the “Nvidia Shield” it plays correctly.

My Odroid N2 is not providing any sound from the analog headphone jack since installing the latest nightly build (nightly_20200203). I’ve tried all the ‘Audio output device’ selections and tried different types of media. I’ve confirmed the cables and amp work with another device with headphone jack output.

Excellent. Can confirm HDR10+ works on my Panasonic OLED/N2. Great work.

2 Likes

I saw this commit: [link]
Does this mean that Dolby Vision playback can work in the near future?