Nightly builds (NEW)

On nightly builds Vontar X3 (S905X3 4G) when turn on H264 accelerate video 1080p bluray sometimes stutter. When turn off H264 accelerate video 1080p bluray its fine and smooth but hard cpu load.

Update: this applies to 25fps videos

Do not upgrade the BOX firmware
The last well-functioning ANDROID version is V311R_P_20190722-2021, later versions have a different bootloader and this causes a LAN error under CoreELEC,
With USB Burning tool you can restore the firmware
here => X96Max_V311R_P_20190722-2021(8822).rar

It could be a few things, but I would suggest you try the cable. In android it normally outputs at the GUI frame rate, In Kodi it will try to output at 60Hz which is a much higher bit rate and your cable may not be up to it. When you are playing it back in android press the info button on you TV and find out what mode your TV is @ when playing back under android.

Hello, Iā€™ve been reading up as much as I can but would like some pointers regarding the installation of coreelec on a Tic Tid TX6 Plus box. It is 4gb RAM 64gb ROM. Thanks!!

Anything on the S905 front?

All testing is being done over at

The S905 SOC is as good as it gets at this stage using Stable 9.2.1

Hi
Iā€™ve installed this version:

CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-9.2-nightly_20200311-Generic.img.gz

on my x96 max+ s905x3 device. Everything went smoothly and seems to be working ok except for one thing, when I connect my external USB 3.0 portable drive it mounts correctly but itā€™s impossible to watch movies as it works too slow, even browsing. USB stick 2.0 works flawlessly in the same USB 3.0 port so the issue must be connected to the USB 3.0 hdd but it works great when connected directly to my TV. What can be the cause?

Does that same USB 3.0 HDD connected to USB 3.0 port work OK in Android ?
What happens if you connect this HDD to USB 2.0 port, does it work OK then ?

The same thing happens when I connect it to USB 2.0 port. USB 3.0 stick works well in both ports, the only problem is with this portable USB 3.0 hdd, thereā€™s this sound like it was turning off constantly and itā€™s very slow. I havenā€™t had chance to check it in Android on this device as it came without batteries in the box and Iā€™ve had no time to get new ones today so I canā€™t operate in Android. In Coreelec Iā€™m using my TV remote.

This issue has been solved.
https://discourse.coreelec.org/t/solved-hdmi-signal-lost-when-play-4k60fps-movie/9986/12?u=szlww

Probably drawing to much power. Try another portable drive.

This sounds like your USB 3.0 HDD needs a better power supply with more power than it gets from USB ports on your box. Use an external powered USB hub in that case.

2 Likes

X96 S905X nightly builds, periodically restarting Kodi.
P.S. : stable build is working fine.

That must be the case here. Is there any way to increase the voltage in the USB port on my device? My old Mini 8s tv box was able to power two usb HDDs at the same time.

@minhmetalhead, @fed3n
Try latest nightly build to check if ethernet issue fixed

btw, I have disabled the new updates notifications on the CE settings but I do still get the popups sometimes.

You can only try with a more powerful power adapter for the box. If that does not work, only powered USB hub will solve the problem.
If possible try to find/borrow any USB 3.0 HDD with itā€™s own power supply to see how that behaves on your box.

This is a feature, not a bug.
In Nightly Builds You will always get the popups

Thanks.
I had the nighty updates set to manua, and notifications popped-up that overlayed the screensaver. This isnā€™t optimal to avoid burn-ins. I do use a kodi addon screensaver and not the default one, and it was suggested thatā€™s why it overlayed. To avoid that, I disabled the notifications in settings, but they still seem to pop-up sometimes.

Yes.
You have to accept this developer decision and You can find a lot of posts about this feature in the forum