Nightly builds (NEW)

Smb…Windows share. Before i downgraded to older nightly build, I rebooted the N2 and tried the same file again. IT played for a minute and then startes buffering, played for 10 seconds , then startes buffering again…stopped the movie downgraded to april 9 nightly, startes the movie from where i stoped it. Plays flawless. No glitches, no buffering . Perfect playback. I Will test from petitboot tomorrow

Try boot latest nightly with petitboot then and see if you have any issue, we updated the bootloader but petitboot uses an older one so this will let us know if that is the issue or not.

1 Like

This might sound stupid. But om ny 912 and N2 i have only used EMMC. Is petitboot= boots from Sdcard= me burning newest nightly to Sdcard and boots from IT??

I think i did a bootloader update when I got my N2 in november 2019. Is this the petitboot??. Do I need to update the bootloader again before trying the newest nightly from sd card??

Since the last auto update nightly, my external usb 3 drive with coreelec image , no longer shows in petitboot. I tried updating petitboot to the latest (feb 2020), and still no luck. How can I get my external drive to boot again , or reccognize and show as a bootable drive in petitboot, without having to wipe it and reload an older version of coreelec?

This is the first time this has happened since I setup coreelecon an external. Things had been working well up until the last nightly.

Here is the petitboot log. It gets hung up on “probing from base tftp…” for about 2 minutes before “pxe autoconfig failed” . Then nothing. The coreelec boot doesnt show.

Any help would be appreciated! :slight_smile:

I think you should check the boot.ini of CE in your external storage if it has “ODROIDN2-UBOOT-CONFIG” at the first line. If it does not have or something else, please correct it to have “ODROIDN2-UBOOT-CONFIG”.

Thanks.
I do see it was updated to 2.31, not sure when but I guess recently.
I now switched it back to 2.081 and was able to delete the files. I will test to be sure it works after watching post-update.
I assume I need to disable auto-updates for now on this addon for now or it will upgrade again?

“Open an issue upstream” meaning? On the vfs git page? https://github.com/xbmc/vfs.rar/releases

Yes, that’s what I meant about opening the issue. https://github.com/xbmc/vfs.rar/issues

@jer1956, check current nightly.
Your interlaced issue should be fixed

Haven’t been here in ages. Is there s905 version out yet?

I’m talking about the nightly version, with the new kernel & new features, that’s why I posted here (I have no issues with the stable one). I remember about two months ago it was about to come out.

No, it’s not. You can use the funhouse build for now.

I see. Thank you.

Can I ask, what is exact url where nightly builds looks if there’s update available or not? Afaik there’s json file to grab, where is it located on server?

https://relkai.coreelec.org/releases.json

Thanks. I will try adding it to hosts.conf with ip 127.0.0.1 to prevent nightly auto update, I hope it works

Why ?
You can say “no” if the popup appears

Staying on an older nightly versions is a bad idea

1 Like

The only reason why I use nightly is because my device is not supported on stable yet. Device is used by people who don’t have any technical skills, so any update message will be confusing. As I am unable to use stable build and nightly works just fine, nightly without update is the only choice for now.

@giaur500 I wouldn’t waste your time trying to block the updates. We are really close to a new stable release.

1 Like

Good news, thanks for info

Tried the latest nightly build today . From EMMC and from petitboot:Sdcard. Did not encounter the buffering problem today. The N2 has been rebooted several times, and petitboot has been updated to the latest build… could not replicate the issue today… strange, because it happend even after a reboot of the N2 yesterday