Nightly builds (NEW)

Sure.

Since a week or so, I experience the problem that Bluetooth is disabled on my VIM3L after a (re)boot. The switch is ā€œONā€ in the services tab, but the Bluetooth page says ā€œBluetooth is disabledā€.
When I turn the switch off/on, itā€™s working again. I think it changed somewhere around the end of March.
Is somebody else experiencing this? Or is this something youā€™re already aware of?
Iā€™m on the latest nightly (04/09).
Thanks!

Since update to nightly_20200408 my Odroid-N2 doesnā€™t boot anymore. It hangs with a permanent blue LED.
I found out, that are some changes in boot.ini. And when I change the first row in the boot.ini
from original:
ODROID-UBOOT-CONFIG
to
ODROIDN2-UBOOT-CONFIG

my Odroid-N2 will boot properly.
Is that an issue only for me as an Odroid-N2 user or is that a general issue?

Paul

Did you boot with petitboot?

The problem with doing what you did will only be erased again on the next update so we need to get to the bottom of this for you.

1 Like

No, I didnā€™t boot with petitboot.
I boot directly from sd-card and it worked until nightly_20200407.

In changelog for nightly_20200408 are this comments:
5f73869646: Mon Mar 23 07:55:53 2020 +0100 - u-boot-Odroid_C4: add package (Portisch)
f9f74b3b18: Mon Mar 23 07:54:30 2020 +0100 - u-boot-Odroid_N2: bump to dde2b5a8 (Portisch)

And this was for me the reason to look into boot.ini and I compared with an older boot.ini and found the differences in the first row. And with the changes of the first row to the older version I could boot without issues.

After the first update to version nightly_20200408 and with the issue of no booting I made a fresh install, but with the same result of a nonbooting Odroid-N2.

Can you give the output of cat /proc/device-tree/coreelec-dt-id

It looks like the bootloader didnā€™t update and the only way this would usually happen is if you have done an SPI boot, do you have an eMMC attached also?

Iā€™ve made a fresh install of nightly_20200408 and today also with nightly_20200409, always the same issue.

here are the output of: cat /proc/device-tree/coreelec-dt-id
g12b_s922x_odroid_n2

I have additionally an eMMC installed with the stable version of CoreElec_9.2.1.
The nightly version of CoreElec are installed of a SD-card.

Thatā€™s your problem then, itā€™s because you have stable on the eMMC that is causing this issue as the old bootloader will be loaded first.

The SoC will load the BL from eMMC before SD.

@anon88919003,
Youā€™re right! :grinning:
The issue is gone if I removed the eMMC and boot only with th SD-card. and with original boot.ini.

Okay, I will change my installation and use the eMMC for the nightly-versions and the SD-card as fallback with the stable-version. :wink:

Thanks for your help and have a good day.
Stay healthy!

Have you done anything else to get it working again?

My X96Air 4/32GB does not wake up with the remote.
Not with the 20200408 build or 20200321 build.

Hi.
I activated bluetooth and then turned it off, however, I have no sound for some reason through hdmi. I have not changed anything in my sound settings, just turned bluetooth on and off, tried to pair a controller.

When itā€™s not working with 20200321 then something else is wrong:

Hi, no I have not done anything else to make it work. Tried two boxes and with the changes both now work. I did not use injection. But maybe try that as well.

Waking up works well with my IR remote. But it doesnt using CEC (remote for TV). Any tip?

With latest nightly, archived videos (packed in rars) seem to get locked after watch and I am not able to delete after. Folder deleting fails. I then tried to delete them through windows and it appears on every set, several rars are locked down by Kodi, not all (with windows I can delete the ones that arenā€™t locked). After rebooting CE, I am able to delete them, but next one I watch presents the same issue again.
Unpacked mkvs delete fine.

Having this issue too with all the latest nightlies. Update channel used to say CE 9.0 and then I could use ā€œAvailable Versionsā€ to get latest. Now Update channel is empty and clicking on Available Versions just flashes for a sec and turns nothing.

The addons were bumped to their latest versions. Could be a regression upstream. You can always downgrade to an older version of the vfs.rar addon. If that solves the problem, I suggest you open an issue upstream.

With the latest nightly build I have buffering issues playing 4k hdr files. Reverted back to nightly from april 9 , and the issue is gone.
This is on an N2 on wired gigabit LAN playing files from a smb share on my network. Nightly build from april 9 does not have this issue. Coreelec is installer om EMMC

@Dopus can you try latest nightly but boot from petitboot instead and see if you still have the same issue.

Also was you using SMB or NFS?