Odroid N2 test builds

that won’t be ratified for another 1.5yrs, then another 1.5yrs+ until hardware decoders are available.

1 Like

Sorry I’m bad at English, I work with the translator and sometimes it’s confusing. Does the OTA update to the next version of CE work? This is to know if I can prepare my MicroSD card now with the current version, or if I’m waiting for the receipt of the N2 to put the latest version …

And, can we recover its old configuration automatically without conflicts? (Beelink GT1 CE configuration)

I uploaded a N2_TV_weird_sample.mkv,Please download and take a look

My observations after the first day of using N2 compared to my X92_S912 box:

My mouse problem went away with latest update (1554893566)

No major issues; HBO-Go (HW decoded) and NF (SW decoded) work perfect at 1080p + subtitles, as does all the rest of my watched material (files from local USB disk)

Picture quality is better than on S912, slightly sharper with slightly less noise.
Chroma saturation is a bit higher, and black level is a bit lower. Will give it a week to “burn in” before I recalibrate my TV settings.

One more thing, my new Sandisk UHS _ Class 10 SD card which was not working on my S905X box (kept on throwing errors, and almost went to recycle bin) works perfect on N2 :slight_smile:

Btw, why is “wol_on” default setting?

1 Like

When cec is disabled at boot the journal / dmesg is spammed with hundred of lines like this:
CoreELEC kernel: cectx ff80023c.aocec: err:cec module disabled

(6 lines per second)

Tried your sample. It plays OK on my PC but not on N2 → lots of skiped frames…

Automatical update already works. You can backup and restore your settings. Should work without problems

1 Like

WakeOnLAN is just something useful for a Mediacenter. Also I like and use it so this I enabled it by default :wink:

Thanks. I will fix it up.

Oh dear. This is a big problem for me, old Panny plasma has no overscan removal options.

No Video Calibration options for N2?

Contrast / luminosity settings in OSD video settings have no effect…

What exactly TV do you have(type, model)?
It could be somewhere

I have not seen a Pana plasma (have seen a lot of models) without overscan on/off option.
What is exactly your model?

I think hdr10+ is working. I can not see any difference between both players.
https://send.firefox.com/download/d88479e84ac249f3/#yE1acp79numKi-9PyzEu9A

Did you get a HDR10+ popup on the TV?
Dunno if Samsung does that.

1 Like

No, there was no popup.

Not sure what is supposed to happen normally on your TV. On my OLED when I play HDR or HLG it will switch to those modes and I will get a popup notification that HDR or HLG is used. When I play this ISS video on my OLED it plays as normal HDR because it doesn’t support HDR10+.

1 Like

I see. I see an HDR+ option in the menu so I guess it is capable of playing it. However, I didn’t find a way to find any information about the content played.

BTW. I disabled CEC via the config.ini and now I receive a lot of errors in the dmesg

[ 1422.239168@0] cectx ff80023c.aocec: err:cec module disabled
[ 1422.239188@0] cectx ff80023c.aocec: err:cec module disabled
[ 1423.239797@0] cectx ff80023c.aocec: err:cec module disabled
[ 1423.239824@0] cectx ff80023c.aocec: err:cec module disabled
[ 1423.239853@0] cectx ff80023c.aocec: err:cec module disabled
[ 1423.239872@0] cectx ff80023c.aocec: err:cec module disabled

The CEC spam is a bug. Will fix it up tomorrow.

Without some info from the TV what is played we cannot be sure if it is working or not. Bummer.

1 Like

Oh well, not a major issue, but I found one tonight on latest devel version: after waking the box from “Suspend” and entering Setup (wheel icon) sometimes there is only black screen with no background or icons. Other times, also resuming from Suspend, I can enter setup screen, but most of the icons return only black screen. The one that always works is Coreelec icon.
Restarting Kodi does not help, only rebooting the box brings everything back to normal.
So, for now I rather use shutdown instead of suspend.

Btw, can we have back the option “Restart Kodi” in Power menu, I use that often when I switch between NF streams and HBO-Go. If I don’t restart Kodi sometimes I cannot play next NF stream…