Odroid N2 test builds

already tried HEVC seek workaround ,no difference. I really confused.

You got a sample?

No itā€™s not a Kodi problem itā€™s purely a permission problem on my NAS so unrelated.

I recursively set everything to 644 and itā€™s fine now, somehow the way I was mounting it on my NUC I was bypassing the fact it didnā€™t have adequate permissions on the NAS.

I have been using this adapter on a 5g network since receiving my N2 nearly 2 months ago with no problem, most likely this is a problem with the channel you are using on your router as there is geo-restrictions on the frequencies that can be used, try changing to ch36 which is what Iā€™m using.

A new build has been uploaded with several fixes:
https://discourse.coreelec.org/t/odroid-n2-test-builds/4560/8

Reboot your device for the update to download

4 Likes

Thanks !
what are the remaining problems?

A few cases of stutter. But itā€™s already fixed before I did the build.
Will make one tomorrow

1 Like

Can we already say that CE on N2 already works better than on other box, C2 and others ?

You have a list of current issues in the first post of this thread. You can decide for yourself if itā€™s better or not.

1 Like

Ok this list is up to date. I did not know.

Are you even interested in this box or are you just asking out of curiosity?

Happened on all videos, Maybe my TVā€™s issuse or HDMI handshake , but I replace N2 with C2, all videos play fine.

Please upload a sample so we can see if we can reproduce the issue, we canā€™t help otherwise.

1 Like

@Ray do you remember how much watt the N2 used in idle?

I think something between 2-3W. I might have posted it in the ā€œFutureā€ Thread.

1 Like

I think it no matter what files I play, Because N2 connect to PC monitor via hdmi cable, Playback no problem at all, very smooth and powerful. I hope somebody point me to find the key of this issue.

-reboot your device
-ssh into it
-play a file that stutters for a few seconds

• dmesg|pastebinit

-Send me the link

I installed the last test build on my N2 emmc as soon as I received it.
Quickly tested several x264 / x265 videos with subtitles on a 22w HP monitor. All went smoothly !
Tonight will try it full scale on my videoprojector (2.80m base screen) and 5.1 amp.

http://ix.io/1FOr

I see. Would you give this a try. This is a highly experimental version.
-removed-

Was that a 24fps video?