Odroid N2 test builds

Thanks. I will fix it up.

Oh dear. This is a big problem for me, old Panny plasma has no overscan removal options.

No Video Calibration options for N2?

Contrast / luminosity settings in OSD video settings have no effect…

What exactly TV do you have(type, model)?
It could be somewhere

I have not seen a Pana plasma (have seen a lot of models) without overscan on/off option.
What is exactly your model?

I think hdr10+ is working. I can not see any difference between both players.
https://send.firefox.com/download/d88479e84ac249f3/#yE1acp79numKi-9PyzEu9A

Did you get a HDR10+ popup on the TV?
Dunno if Samsung does that.

1 Like

No, there was no popup.

Not sure what is supposed to happen normally on your TV. On my OLED when I play HDR or HLG it will switch to those modes and I will get a popup notification that HDR or HLG is used. When I play this ISS video on my OLED it plays as normal HDR because it doesn’t support HDR10+.

1 Like

I see. I see an HDR+ option in the menu so I guess it is capable of playing it. However, I didn’t find a way to find any information about the content played.

BTW. I disabled CEC via the config.ini and now I receive a lot of errors in the dmesg

[ 1422.239168@0] cectx ff80023c.aocec: err:cec module disabled
[ 1422.239188@0] cectx ff80023c.aocec: err:cec module disabled
[ 1423.239797@0] cectx ff80023c.aocec: err:cec module disabled
[ 1423.239824@0] cectx ff80023c.aocec: err:cec module disabled
[ 1423.239853@0] cectx ff80023c.aocec: err:cec module disabled
[ 1423.239872@0] cectx ff80023c.aocec: err:cec module disabled

The CEC spam is a bug. Will fix it up tomorrow.

Without some info from the TV what is played we cannot be sure if it is working or not. Bummer.

1 Like

Oh well, not a major issue, but I found one tonight on latest devel version: after waking the box from “Suspend” and entering Setup (wheel icon) sometimes there is only black screen with no background or icons. Other times, also resuming from Suspend, I can enter setup screen, but most of the icons return only black screen. The one that always works is Coreelec icon.
Restarting Kodi does not help, only rebooting the box brings everything back to normal.
So, for now I rather use shutdown instead of suspend.

Btw, can we have back the option “Restart Kodi” in Power menu, I use that often when I switch between NF streams and HBO-Go. If I don’t restart Kodi sometimes I cannot play next NF stream…

Thanks for the fix and sorry for not being helpful. I quickly checked the manual of my TV but could not find any information how to show content or screen Infos.

1 Like

What brand model TV do you have?
We have checked, and HDR10+ definitely plays as HDR10 on our LGs, so what you’re seeing can be either HDR10 or HDR10+ - needs some confirmation which one exactly :slight_smile:

1 Like

what display do you connect? 4K or 1080p?

Yeah, we need a TV or AVR which can give us information about the signal receiving. I’ve read that for some TVs the HDR icon appear for both HDR10 and HDR10+, which means it can be hard to differentiate considering only looking at the HDR icon. The easiest way might be to cut two samples of the same movie, let’s say Widows, which is both in HDR10 and HDR10+ and compare them against each other

1 Like

TH42PX60. I have looked into this extensively and been into the service mode. No way to turn off overscan on HDMI.

Only way would be to use the HDMI to VGA converter (VGA port has no overscan) but would lose quality.

TH42PX60, Honestly not possible with this model.

Is there any prospect of video calibraton coming in a future build for N2? I really do love my telly but would have to give up on it if this is the case.

When Sony started supporting HDR10 + ?

Sorry, I confuse with the hlg.
and my smartphone that supports the HDR10 +.

1 Like