Odroid N2 test builds

Hello @all,

first of all many thanks to the Corelec Team! The device works really, really good, stable and fast.

Unfortunally i have a problem with my Hyperion ambilight related with resolution 1080p and higher.

When i watch a video under 1080p the Ambilight works really good, but 1080p and above, the Leds’s doesn’t work properly. Only the left side is working (partially).

The dmesg output shows often: “ge2d: ge2d timeout!!!”

Under 1080p, everything is fine and the ambilight works properly (also in the Kodi menu). I’ve tested the Ambilight with other devices like my Rpi and Dreambox and there it works fine. The problem seems to be the Odroid N2 :confused:

Here you can see that only the left side works. The other Leds show undefined colors or are black/off.

I think it is possible to test this without connected Led’s. Install the Hyperion Addon, then over the Web Interface: “Configuration -> Controller Type -> (debug) file” and in the Led Layout Tab for example ~300 Leds…

When you play a video, you can see in the Led Visualisation the adressed Led.

My Log File:
Pastebin Dmesg 1080p

Please, could you help me out with my problem?

Many thanks & regards

Yes it works. Thank you!

We do it differently than Hardkernel. Herdkernel makes emmc the default and their uboot is running on emmc. If you have CE on emmc and SD it will boot from SD.

1 Like

morning @Ray i see the 7th may image is still suffering with the live tv dvb-t2 slowdown issue (not rebooted box recently so havent checked latest nightly yet), is there any movement on a resolution for this, other than to disable deinterlace (assuming thats what the line below does). The command below does ‘fix’ the issue, im just not sure if this is THE solution or simply a workaround for now?, one thing i can say is that it does fix the slowdown issue when watching hd live tv.
If it is a workaround only then im happy to do some debug for you if it helps identify a better solution.

echo 1 > /sys/module/di/parameters/bypass_all

Use the bypass_all. It also looks better than using Deinterlace. Other than that debug logs are not helping right now.

What video? What codec? h264 or h265?
For h265 there is a parameter to set to get hyperion.ng working properly:

I do own only a 1080p TV so I can’t test it.

Ok cool, thanks Ray, can I assume then that the bypass_all hack will make it into a nightly release or do I need to keep that in the autostart.sh for the foreseeable?

No it won’t because it is personal taste. I do not care about interlaced video. Imo it is something useless from the past. Everyone can decide for themselves what looks better.

i understand what you are saying about personal taste, but for hd live tv it is broken without this fix, so its a bit more than personal taste in regards to deinterlace capability, at least this is true for people who need hd live tv, i accept that is probably a minority of the user base.

in any case, im happy with the workaround, and appreciate the reply ray, i shall carry on with the entry in my autostart.sh :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nothing more right is possible than bypass_all. Imo Deinterlace is just shit and bypass_all looks better but that’s my personal taste :wink:

1 Like

It does depend on the type of stream. I use it daily with HD Live TV streams and have no issues.

ahh right!, for reference im viewing HD Live TV via Freeview DVB-T2 in the UK

I have the same issue with hyperion.ng. It happens for h264 videos with 1080p resolution.

You may use the bypass_all parameter? Hyperion is not working with this parameter != 0.

I have just set bypass_all to 1 but still have the issue with hyperion.ng.

Hello Portisch,

thank you for your answer an effort. I’ve this problem with all videos >=1080p in my movie collection.

I’ve downloaded some trailers (hd-trailers) to test, and i have also the issue. The same clip in 720p work, in 1080p not.

Here a example with Avengers:

720p:

1080p:

->1080p partially the left side is working

Btw: I’ve a clean Coreeelc Version (testing), changed only the language and install from Coreeelc Repo the Hyperion.ng addon (9.1.100.3).

Changing “bypass_all” to 1 isn’t also working here.

Thanks & regards

Changing bypass_all to 1 is just the opposite of what Portisch said.

1 Like

Hmm, ok i misunderstood something. :flushed:
But it was worth a try…

Same here. Just could not reproduce why the colors dont match. I was watching 1080i where the colors did not fit on middle and right side.

ic, looks like I need to read up on how the firmware/bootloader works here then