Odroid N2 test builds

https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14739

I have finally got around to testing the fix that was implemented for vizio tvs not being able to switch to 4k (only resulting in black screen).

The original test build is no longer available for download.

Is there anyway this “fix” can be pushed into a new test build? Alternately can the original test build be reposted?

Thanks guys!

3 months later? The experimental code is long gone.

I do apologize , any way to retrieve / recreate this code in the future?

It would be most appreciated! Everything else has been working perfectly.

I assumed it wouldnt be taken down this whole time as its only a few months old, which is unfortunate.

I will see if I can find a copy of the file if I ever downloaded it. Does anybody else here have a copy by chance? @stillmatic

Thanks again

I’ve got a question regarding “power on USB-Keypress”.
I’ve got small wireless remote keyboards for all my N2s; they are connected via USB-Dongle.
So do you think there is any possibility to power on the N2s via keypress (would require USB ports being powered all the time)? <- my NUC supports that …
Thanks in advance!!

Two threads:

and:

This worked for my Minix A2 Lite remote

The Power button on the Minix A2 Lite remote uses IR and that is why it works, every other button press is sent via RF.

It would be possible but it would require changes in the bootloader, power is killed to the USB ports during standby and as such you can’t wake the device up via it, this was done so USB hard drives would not carry on spinning during sleep.

On a NUC it is configurable in the BIOS whether to supply power to USB during sleep states.

I was already thinking about in the past to make it configurable by config.ini to enable/disable usb power on power off/suspend. I will need to test it.

4 Likes

Great, I would love this feature. :+1::grinning:

Shouldn’t it be possible to power down / suspend disks through smartctl etc., but keep the USB ports powered? I don’t know how much power disks use in sleep mode though.

hi there, i had no time to doublecheck anything (cables, tv etc) but maybe knows anyrhing about my problem

coreelec 9.0.3 on N2 produces a diagonal cut picture - see picture

any ideas why?
tv in hd is working fine
many 1080p videos have this issue

ah, i double checked the view modes and it was switched to user defined- switched back to normal and all seens to be fine

Question:

watching https://relkai.coreelec.org I see what updates are being merged for the evenings build.

Is there any way to differentiate what is coming from upstream and what is specific ONLY to CE?

You can see who the commit author is. Our team members are listed here https://github.com/orgs/CoreELEC/people

How many are not listed there, like @anon88919003, @Pelican, @Portisch, @vpeter…, and are associated with the project

You’re right, since I’m an admin I can see everybody, even if they set their profile to Private.
This means that no one else can see them being part of the team on GitHub.

So I have recently purchased an Odroid N2, and installed CoreElec on it. Here is my setup:

Odroid N2 (Running CoreELEC 9.0.1 and Kodi 18.3 *Compiled 2019-07-03)
With the official Plex for Kodi Add-on (Version: 1.16.3.1433)
Player Settings >

Adjust display refresh rate On start/ stop (there is no auto?)
Allow Hardware Acceleration on all formats
System Settings >
Number of Channels 7.1
Passthrough Enabled (all formats enabled)
Plex Settings > Video is set to allow direct play, direct stream, 4k and HEVC.
It is coming from my local Plex server, over gigabit ethernet.
connects
Onkyo TX-NR676 AV Receiver
connects to
Samsung NU8000

I’m having a weird issue though, the video/audio randomly cuts. The Audio goes quite, and the screen goes completely black. It does it just running Kodi alone (not the Plex app at all or anything playing).
I don’t believe its a power issue, as it doesn’t turn off completely… just flickers off/on really quick. I did purchase and try an official power supply though to be certain, and still getting the same problem.

There was one setting I was unsure of… In CoreElec. Go to Settings > CoreELEC.
Tone map SDR to HDR set to Auto
Tone map HDR to SDR set to off
I switched these settings from their default, as I have an HDR capable TV and A/V receiver that can push HDR to the TV.

I don’t believe this is a performance issue with any hardware… I have tried different power supplies and HDMI cables with no luck. If anyone has any suggestions on where to start… that would be very helpful!

Also… I must say. This is the BEST experience I have had thus far trying to play 4K movies in HDR and also allow full Audio Passthrough to my receiver. It has beat everything I have tired (raspberry pi 4, Verok 4k +, and my default Samsung tv apps *which do great for video… but can’t do the audio). So i’m super happy with it this far and understand it is still in testing stages. Just hoping to help workout some bugs possibly and make it even better!

Do you have the same behavior when N2 is directly connected to your TV ?

1 Like
  • Refresh rate switching is automatic, but you can choose how/when it will actually do the refresh rate switching.
  • Number of channels has to be set to 2.0 for passthrough to work correctly.
  • HDR to SDR enables watching HDR content on SDR displays.
  • SDR to HDR forces HDR to be always on, and tone maps SDR to HDR. This is not recommended.
    I suggest to keep both settings Off.