Odroid N2 test builds

I have observed that my SMB based sources often take several minutes to become accessible after the system is rebooted. During that time they are available to other devices continuously.
This was observed on the 22 April nightly, the 23 April Nightly and the pixelation fix version. The following log was captured with the pixelation fix version:

http://ix.io/1H3d

The log includes verbose SMB library output.

The actual delay to availability seems to vary, but during the unavailable time no videos on the SMB shares are inaccessible.

In this case the film Atomic Blonde was tried about two minutes apart. The first time I was told that the film was no longer present in the collection, the second it played normally.

Let me know if you need additional information.

You should enable ‘Wait for network before starting Kodi’ in CE-settings.

1 Like

Despite my initial skepticism, that worked. Thanks.

Seems like that should default to ‘on’ with a short maximum delay.

Updated test build available here, please report if you still have slow down issues.

This build does not have pixelation/sd fixes.

1 Like

Will do, but not before tonight. Any logs needed?

Btw, tested versions that I have saved and last that works OK for me is 1555398703. First version on which it happened rare was 1555226781 and on 1555851841 it happens more often…

Edit: is it enough to copy kernel and system on 1555851841, or is the update process needed?

Yesterday I tried 1555851841.
So far the bugs I found previously are still here:

• Contrast/brightness not working.
  • aac not working through Yamaha RX-A3030 AVR.
  • DD+/E-AC3 not working through Yamaha RX-A3030 AVR.

Do you need debug logs or dispinfo at this stage?

Stange, both aac and DD+/E-AC3 work on my yamaha AVR, any firmware updates available for your AVR?

Matt

What is your AVR model?

Edit: aac and e-ac3 work on the C2 with CE 9.0.1

Not sure what you mean by contrast/brightness but nobody is currently looking into those mentioned issues.

Yamaha RXV383

Matt

When you’re viewing a film, in the video settings menu there are brightness and contrast settings.
On the Odroid C2 they are working but not on the N2.

I use these settings to set the 16-235 black and white levels as I have multiple sources I don’t want to set brightness/contrast on my videoprojector.

Thanks.

I’m not at home but I will see if there is a firmware available tonight.

Does multichannel Aac (pcm) passthrough work. Dd+ works only at 1080p from beginning. Does it work for you at 4k?

I did not know that there were settings for brightness and contrast within kodi. Can you tell me where to find them?

GUI is at 1080p, but DD+ works when watching a 4K film.

I dont bother running the GUI at 4k, but ill tri and report back later.

Matt

As I wrote previously:
You start a video, open the menu and go to the settings (sprocket icon is Estuary), then video settings, then scroll down to brigthness and contrast, then don’t forget to set as default for all media (last menu entry).

Thanks for letting me know. It works for me for a 4k video as well worth gui at 1080p.

What about multichannel pcm? I don’t think it works at any resolution unless you use Dolby transcoding.

Thanks. I can confirm that these settings do nothing on n2.

I will probably disable the WOL switch. The issue is in uboot because the power is cut if wol is disabled. After that as you say ethernet is very slow.

Instead of replugging it you might try to restart the driver.
Try to figure out where “mediasrv” is on that system.

mediaclient --shutdown
should stop the driver
verify that the driver is really stopped
ps aux | grep mediasrv
(kill it if it’s still there)

./mediasrv -d
should start the driver in the background

I have seen plenty of issues with with the dynamic scheduler in the past (especially with new systems which aren’t that well supported yet.
You might try to statically online the cores and set the cpu frequency to a fixed frequency (alternatively you can set the scheduler to performance which I would recommend for testing but not for permanent use)
I think I remember USB disconnects with the dynamic cpu scheduler on a system with ‘premature’ support, interrupt errors came up and caused issues back then.