Odroid N2 test builds

try adding microsd to sd adaptor, this fixed mine. I didn;t have to do anything with DTB’s

1 Like

I DEMAND a poll on this. My N2’s life has barely begun and you want to switch off its heartbeat???

1 Like

Not on my N2 box. Subs are OK with 32 size/normal/yellow color chosen

Emmc takes priority for Hardkernel. Remove mc and insert your sd card

1 Like

We can change the flashing heartbeat blue led to a steady blue light.

1 Like

No need to copy dtb file. The propper dtb.img for N2 is already in SD root

Why is blue needed? There is already red LED to see that the box is ON.
It’ OK that blue flashes untill Kodi starts, but after that what is it needed for?

Well the point raised was to see if box still sleeps.
Anyway it’s pretty easy for everyone to customize.

As long as it’s easy to customize, then it’s OK with me too :slight_smile:

As long as I can have my heartbeat I’m fine with any default

Just got my N2 through today.
Straight to the April10 build and copied my c2 databases and configs over.
All working great so far.
Loving the crisper image, even Hyperion.ng is working which I wasn’t expecting.
HDR autoswitch working. (Can’t test HDR+)
Great work so far guys.

Couple of things whilst playing about. Please don’t take these as complaints, I’m very happy.
Dts-MA and Dolby True-HD passthrough not working.
I think the dtsMA is my recievers fault (don’t think it supports it) but I’m pretty sure my recievers does support trueHD.
Are there any plans to support multichannel pcm audio? Miss this from the raspberry pi days.
Picking 7.1 and stereo upmix, reciever stays on 2 channel input and no sound at all from reciever.

That got it, even though i had the switch set to boot from sd card, i had to remove the eMMC and move the switch to boot from eMMC. Then it would boot from sdcard.

Thanks

Matt

I think that audio passthrough issues are going to be very difficult for us to tackle.
Only a couple of our devs have AVRs, and only one of them has an issue (DD+ isn’t working for him, AFAIK) with passthrough. Without even specifying which AVR brand and model you have, we can’t even start to investigate what could be the issue.

It’s not a deal breaker so no worries.
I have a pioneer vsx 922.
It actually does have support for dts-ma so ignore from previous post.
Just tried a 7.1 dd+ sample. AVR only picks up 5.1 DD.
I’m not going to lose sleep only having 5.1.
Much bigger fish for you guys to be dealing with.

Edit,
Actually ignore everything I’m taking about.
As my AVR is only an HDMI 1.4 I connect odroid straight to TV and use HDMI ARC to link to AVR.
Apparently ARC had limited bandwidth and doesn’t even support TrueHD & DTS-MA.

Oh well, that of course does it :slight_smile: Can you try hooking it up to the AVR to see if all the audio formats work?

It will have to wait until tomorrow but I’ll give it a try and let you know results

1 Like

Still having IR Remote issues here I’m afraid.

Changing to Crazycat DVB drivers or restoring from my CoreELEC s905 backup (which uses Crazycat Drivers) stops the official Odroid Remote working.

I had a look immediately after extracting the image but there was no remote.conf, rc_maps.cfg, or anything in rc_keymaps folder, so I guess the remote config is somewhere else now?

I’ve tried to create rc Keymap files but neither method is working.

@Daaave you need to bare with us, your bug report has been noted, we are tackling problems one at a time.

I tried to test different movie formats for a while.
HDR is working.
Sound in pictures:

1 Like

Has anybody else noticed very laggy/stuttery Kodi UI (does not affect video playback) performance when the RSS feed is enabled?, i am using the latest dev build and using the Kodi skin Aeon Nox Silvo, turning off the RSS feed instantly fixes the issue so no biggie, the strange thing is i dont think its related to CPU usage maxing out so not sure what’s really causing the stutter.

oh and btw absolutely awesome jobs on the coreelec build so far guys, its running so damn well considering its only a few weeks in from the board landing in dev hands!.