Odroid N2 test builds

When I use 4k upscaling on n2 Dolby digital Plus doesn’t work. It works fine upon using 1080p output. All other audio formats work with 4k upscaling even hd audio. Any ideas?

Ok that problem’s resolved. The problem was that the supplied eMMC to micro-SD thingy wasn’t fitting properly into my microSD card reader. Using a MicroSD to SD adaptor fixed the problem.

SS will only show black screen :slight_smile:
Will try to get debug log when it happens next time…

Still recommend to have the gui set to 1080p on the n2?

Matt

Don’t worry about this one, I’ll just grab the remote files before changing to Crazycat then copy them back over afterwards.

Everything else is wonderful so far, Great job!!!

Also the display on HD movies etc is really really nice.

You can set it to what you feel like.

Does it effect the hdr switching though?

Matt

With the new implementation of the autoswitching, it shouldn’t affect it.
@cdu13a is the one working on it, so he’ll have a better answer.

1 Like

Just ordered my Odroid N2, looking forward to testing with you all.

I have a Sony XBR75850E and a Sony STR-DN1080.

My cabling routes to the receiver first for audio, and then passes the video on to the TV.

Can something be done about (to me very irritating) pulsing blue LED?
Why should I care so much if Kernel is running that it needs annoying blue flashing?
Is there any other solution except black tape that I already have on it?

Over 50 Odroid N2 users running CoreELEC already, this device has already surpassed Khadas VIM1 installs that we have supported for more than a year in less than a week. :tada:

5 Likes

You can run the following command in SSH, then reboot:
echo "echo none > /sys/class/leds/blue\:heartbeat/trigger" >> /storage/.config/autostart.sh

1 Like

I received my board (4gb) today and tested some x265 videos

as it was a quick test, even with the “compatibility” option enabled, the videos showed some artifacts in the image.

sorry for my poor english

Rick and Morty - 3x06 - Rest and Ricklaxation.mkv.txt (7.3 KB)
Annihilation.mkv.txt (33.0 KB)

Let’s get rid of the blue light for everybody. Will fix it up tomorrow.

Tnx, that fixed it. I can remove the black tape, because as soon as Kodi starts, the blue LED is off.

I fixed up the CEC log spam when cec is off. Problem is actually libcec. This message should be off now but for the time being also disable cec in Kodi peripherals menu.

1 Like

Why can’t we see that on CoreELEC Home Page/Statistics, as we used to?

1 Like

Netflix 1080p is nice, but the subtitles overlap if there is more than 1 line.

buggered if I can get mine to boot.

Boots as normal with the eMMC I ordered into android.

Wont boot any thing via the sd card, burned img using etcher as normal, copied over the dtb.img file. but just won’t boot, blank screen.

Cant try burning the image to the eMMC as my computer won’t pickup the eMMC when its connected via the adapter.

Matt

I really have issues waking my box from suspended combined with when it wakes the black screen all 3 devices is on I have to toggle source on AVR to get image, it’s connected to a LG C7 and Anthem MRX 1120 AVR.
I never had these waking CEC issue before I have used Shield and ATV 4K for a long time now, so any suggestions?
I find the blue led annoying to but it helps me to see if the box is ON now that I have these problems.