Odroid N2 test builds

My attempts to move an update image into …/STORAGE/.update have not shown any attempt to apply that update. That seems to imply that the hang occurs before the update check.

Is anyone aware of a way to apply the tar update manually to the eMMC device while mounted on another (working) linux computer?

Exactly what I experienced too.

Have been checking the files in /COREELEC and all but config.ini match the size of what’s in the June 14th update.

That does not seem right.

It works from a fresh sd card install, but after I ran the installtoemmc script and tried rebooting with just the eMMC it hung on the CoreELEC splash screen. I tried installtoemmc twice with the same results.

It seems like the latest nightly is not working with eMMC as either an update or a copy from a sd card.

This is my fault, I’m sorry to everyone, I have disabled auto update for now.

@Sholander asked me to make the following change https://github.com/CoreELEC/CoreELEC/commit/bd80a064327f3aeab398f13cbc769838fe80a7dc which appears to be responsible.

I tested an SD install before pushing this change but not an EMMC install, luckily we caught this early before too many people got affected by it.

If you remove the line from your boot.ini then you should be able to boot.

Yep, that makes it boot.

I edited the boot.ini file on my sd card then ran installtoemmc but it still hangs on the splash screen.

Thats because installtoemmc does not copy your modified boot.ini, it copies a template one.

Try the following,

mkdir /tmp/flash
mount /dev/mmcblk0p1 /tmp/flash
sed -i '/setenv mmc_dev/d' /tmp/flash/boot.ini

You should be good to go then.

1 Like

@anon88919003 The boot.ini change also worked for me.

@Portisch, for what it is worth, I have also been seeing the no reconnect issue with my harmony remote.

Most recently, the harmony is either not trying or failing to reconnect when I switch to the N2 device. It normally makes a bluetooth connection when a device with bluetooth is selected and breaks that bluetooth connection when the device is deselected (another is selected).

Do have had any re-connect success later then build 5/30 after reboot or suspend?

I am having the exact issue with my bluetooth connection to my harmony remote. I have to go to Bluetooth in settings and reactivate it. I have a separate wireless keyboard, which is the only way I can reset the Bluetooth for the harmony.

I am using the latest nightly build.

After the latest update was installed this morning i am getting bootloops, doesn’ t even reach the kodi interface. Coreelec installed on emmc. Anyone else having similar issues?

Never mind, saw the post from adamg.

So i’ve removed the line and the system still not boots.
After reconnecting it to the pc, It looks like the FAT partition has become corrupted. Windows wants to format it, linux doesn’t want to mount it.
What’s the easiest way to restore only the FAT partition ?
The ext4 partition seems intact.

I think i have the same error. My N2 hangs on CE Logo.
I boot also from emmc.
Here is the UART Log.

ceerror15062019.txt (8.7 KB)

edit: I have solve the error for me, i have remove the line setenv mmc_dev ${devnum}
and it’s boot.

So, after the VFAT filesystem was damaged, the system did not boot.
As I don’t have time and patience to reinstall everything, there’s what I did (it could be helpful for others, as well)

1. Wrote a CoreELEC image with etcher onto another SD card.

2. plugged in the EMMC into a linux system and got the uuids for the newly written sdcard with blkid:
    /dev/mmcblk0p1: SEC_TYPE=“msdos” LABEL=“COREELEC” UUID=“1506-1939” TYPE=“vfat” PARTUUID=“2a580480-01”
    /dev/mmcblk0p2: LABEL=“STORAGE” UUID=“e1d5b30e-4c26-4890-a839-35432632f9b1” TYPE=“ext4” PARTUUID=“2a580480-02”

3. recreated the VFAT filesystem with:
    mkdosfs -i 15061939 /dev/sdxx
    (here make sure you use the same serial number, in boot.ini it’s used to know where the system has to boot, it seems)

4. also changed the uuid of the /storage (ext4) partitions with:
    sudo tune2fs /dev/sdxx -U e1d5b30e-4c26-4890-a839-35432632f9b1

5. Copied over the content of the vfat partion from the newly written sdcard to the emmc partition.

Note: make sure you replace the /dev/sdxx with the correct device.
Use dmesg or blkid to get the available device names.

Good luck.

New to core elec here, just received my odroid n2 few hours ago and using June 13th build and running flawlessly so far! very impressed with the hardware and the software, kudos for the core elec team to make it work!.

However, I have minor question. HDMI CEC is working almost perfect to me, I can navigate kodi by using the TV’s remote (today I just found it it is possible to do that) and can sync shutdown (when I turn on the TV, the AVR and the Odroid N2 also off). However not the case for the other way around. When I turn on the TV the Odroid does not wake up, since I dont have IR remote for odroid (yet) and does not have keyboard/mouse connected to odroid the only way to wake up is the power cycle the odroid.

Currently I set CEC setting in kodi to ignore TV shutdown and it works fine :slight_smile: Did I miss some settings?

For the last few updates my network isn’t automatically connecting when the N2 boots, I have to go to the CoreELEC addon / Connections select my interface and press connect. Once I connect I can start and stop Kodi and the connection remains but after a reboot I need to manually connect again. No a massive problem but I’m not sure with what update it started happening or if it is even an update that broke it. Any ideas?

There is a Network setting to “Connect automatically”, do you have it ON ?

1 Like