Odroid N2 test builds

sorry, coreelec :see_no_evil:

Still present. I use Suspend that turn N2 off if i turn TV off or otherwise on.

Just tested the nightbuild 0627, the issue has been fixed.

1 Like

Hi, resume from suspend is working fine with the newest build. thanks

Suspend/resume fixed, bluetooth fixed :+1:

1 Like

So I also posted on the nightly thread.
My N2 got a popup in kodi to update which I did, went to a black screen and nothing anymore
After a power cycle the blue led just blinks and the red one remains off.

When I try to read the eMMC module through a usb reader this just fails flat out.

I also tried prepping an SD Card and put that in.
When I plug in just the SD Card nothing happens at all…

any tips?

My system at times will hang (crash) and then restart the skin/ initiate pvr etc.

Now, to get to the bottom of this, I assumed I could read a “crash log” , however upon opening kodi log uploader, it notifies me every time, no crash log found.

Why is it that no crash log is ever found? Does it need to be enabled somehow? What can I do to investigate what caused the system crash otherwise? My regular log prior to the crash appears clean.

Thanks again for the support!

I use Yatse on my Tablet to enter text strings when i, for example, search something in youtube. This is really nice because i am 10 times faster than with the regular remote. The tablet displays a virtual keyboard and i can write what i want.
Unfortunately, there seems to be something wrong with the kodi version shipped with coreelec or with coreelect itself. Because the popup on my tablet does not appear. But on kodi on my htpc, it does.
Is there anything known? Any ideas what could be wrong here?

Try tomorrow nightly… There will be some kodi fix for pvr
Edit: next nightly…

1 Like

If it doesn’t appear on your tablet than it possible yatse issue. I will try tomorrow in Yatse.

I’m using yatse for years. I have no issue with the popup on the N2.

If the popup appears on your yatse app with the coreelec nightly, it must be either a problem in coreelec (different configuration?) or in yatse. which version of yatse do you use with coreelec where the popup appears?

Made an account (me, the lurker) just to say THANK YOU for Coreelec, the community really appreciates your efforts!

Once the bluetooth, suspend/resume and CEC problems are solved, do you think we will get a beta (or are they already planned/available)? Now that Kodi was bumped to 18.3 and stuff.

Corelec on N2 is working great for me - no problems, probably because I don’t use the above. Yatse is fine too. Overall is an incredible upgrade coming from the Cubox i4PRO, a good device on paper but killed by the ongoing software problems and lack of *elec support. Really, the “knightlies” on N2 are so much better than the OpenELEC stables on Cubox… So thanks for that, once more!

3 Likes

Just got my Odroid N2 4G with 16GB eMMC upgrading from Wetek Hub (getting old in the tooth)
Great upgrade for performance !

I’ve just loaded the latest nightly 20190627 and have 2 major issues:

1. AAC no sound --> Understand this is a known issue
  2. 3840x2160p (any refresh) causes the image to be stuck in the upper left quadrant of my 4k TV (essentially stuck in 1080p mode). Funny enough this ALSO happens if I use 1920x1080p60 whenever i play a 4k source.

EDIT: Temporarily resolved.

1. Read update on KERNEL issues with for Multi Channel PCM. Have set to 2.0 output + AC3 Transcode

2. Overscan settings reset in guisettings.xml (Thanks @Ray)

No sound at all, or no AAC 2.0 or 5.1 sound? I have “transcoded” sound from all AAC tracks

Remove the overscan settings in your guisettings.xml or start with a fresh kodi config

1 Like

Not in my case, all 5.1 work OK… Revise your audio settings.

Worked. Thank you, my bad. Yes I restored from the Wetek

Will there be a Wiki (I hope so :slight_smile: ) for at least the initial turning on and updating the N2, and then setting it up and getting the settings correct so questions like the last few would be covered without searching thru this thread? I know HK has provided a very nice well documented Wiki for the N2, but not with CoreElec stuff in it. And THANKS for all the hard work the team does, and to the regular posters— that really helps too.

1 Like

I always recommend to make a fresh install with a new box.
If you know what you are doing then you can spare a few minutes to backup and restore your previous config but if you are not that experienced then you could spend more time to hunt down the issue you made to yourself.

1 Like