Odroid N2 test builds

Thank you for your testing, “random restarts” is the too generic case, it would be nice what is happening on Ubuntu since you are saying “heavy load”. What the user suggested? Can you share the link? I wonder if you are performing something “heavy load” on CoreELEC as well. Ideally, it would be nice if you can capture the kernel logs while the system gets heavy load and kernel panics.

EDIT: if you are facing an issue of Ubuntu or system error rather than Kodi or multimedia, it would be good idea to visit the ODROID forum and start your thread. That way, you could have more support.

I meant this thread. However, it seems to be USB related too.

https://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=181&t=35129

Let’s see if the changes made will cure problems. Would be awesome.

By the way, is there a need to add anything to config.ini/boot.ini for Coreelec likewise it is the case for Ubuntu?

I need to implement it to config.ini. Will do soon.

While @Ray preparing to add it, you can add it to the same quirk to boot.ini for the testing. By the was which USB devices are you running and how many?

Thanks! On my Ubuntu n2 there is one hdd. On my Coreelec n2 there is a USB dvb-s2 tuner (Sundtek Ultima 8) which gets randomly disconnected when not connected to the otg USB port. There is a another rf USB for the remote connected.

I added it in the boot.ini here:

setenv bootargs “${initargs} ${displayopt} ${coreelec} usb-xhci.tablesize=2”

I hope this is correct?

I just installed the 190705 nightly. I hope the changes are in there, I don’t understand the changelog of the nightly anymore since it is not showing only recent changes.

Please do this command after CE or Ubuntu, if the output shows 222000000 at the around 2nd column, U-boot change is applied.

sudo cat /sys/kernel/debug/aml_clkmsr/clkmsr | grep clk81

Also, you can do this command as well and if shows the number with you set in the bootargs, it’s also applied.

dmesg | grep tablesize

In order to narrow down the USB issue, I suggest removing other devices and put one after another when the device looks working ok.

CoreELEC:~ # cat /sys/kernel/debug/aml_clkmsr/clkmsr | grep clk81
[ 7][ 167000000]clk81

So it is not updated yet I guess?

setenv bootargs “${initargs} ${displayopt} ${coreelec} usb-xhci.tablesize=2”

Is this alright?

As soon as I know we are there I will reconnect my USB tuner to the USB3.0 ports.

I guess @binhex and @trex_daemon would also join the USB stability test?

The change didn’t land in today’s Nightly.

I guess changes are not applied yet like Ray said, please do test with Ubuntu image or later when CE nightly image is landed. One suggestion is to join the thread in ODROID forum, not here since USB issue is very specific and can interrupt other issues as well.

Sure!
So if I understand, this solves only USB disk related issues or should also help with other high bandwith devices, like tv tuners ?

Sure.

This is my thread anyway…

https://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=181&t=34849

I will report for both devices. For my HDD I only see USB issues rarely. Whereas, the USB tv tuner was failing at least once a day.

@tobetter this was also my question, should it help with both types of devices? HDDs and TV tuners?

Ok, then let’s keep tracking the USB issue on there only.
I don’t like to break the issue tracking here because of USB, this thread should focus on the issue of CE OS features.

IMO, the issue should not matter of a storage and a tuner. But the change or the solution from Amlogic is intended to a storage since the issue was reported with the log of storage failure. I just hope the update of U-boot can improve the USB device connection.

@trex_daemon For the USB issue, please keep tracking on the link below, not here. Thank you for your understanding.
https://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=181&t=34849

@Ray @tobetter the 190706 nightly still shows me:

cat /sys/kernel/debug/aml_clkmsr/clkmsr | grep clk81
[ 7][ 167000000]clk81

So the uboot is still not updated?

I thought this was only a linux fix? Uboot commit was cec related? Maybe I missed this.

I think it was both, uboot and kernel.

My new N2 has arrived and I installed nightly 2019-07-06.

I have 3 problems, which do not occur with my BeeLink MXIII II (S905X) box and the latest nightly:

1. I am using Confluence. If the active cursor is placed on a movie-cover in the ‘last added window’ and
    the movie title is long so the title scrolls, the gui freezes until the scrolling of the title stops after 3 cycles. The movie can only be started when scrolling has stopped. This happens in each GUI-window, where text scrolls (e.g. movie descriptions). With boxes other than N2 I had never had this problem (new kernel?)

2. My N2 is connected via a Bose SoundTouch AVR to my LG 79UF8609. Playing 4K-movies is no longer possible (‘no signal’ message on TV).
    dispinfo when GUI is active (1080p@50Hz): http://ix.io/1NYP
    dispinfo when playing a 4K movie with 2160p@23.976Hz: http://ix.io/1NYQ

It is not a HDMI-cable problem, the same cables work with my S905X-boxes and the generic-nightlies.

1. In System/CoreELEC settings the force422-option has vanished. This option was required for my LG to play 4K-HDR@50Hz content.
    How can force422 be enabled again?

Thanks for your help.

I am not sure if CE nightly also update U-boot.
If you are using Petitboot, you would update it.

1. This sounds like a Kodi/Skin issue. Try to confirm with same Kodi version on PC.
    2 & 3. As a temp solution you try this in SSH: echo 422 > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/attr