Odroid N2 test builds

I think I know, i’ve copied
https://relkai.coreelec.org/CoreELEC-Amlogic.arm-9.1-nightly_20190711.tar
instead of
https://relkai.coreelec.org/CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-9.1-nightly_20190711.tar

That should not happen. There’s a bug in the update compatibility check.

What should I copy over from the tar file to redtore it without reinstlling? kernel, dtb, and ini files?

both kernel and both system files. Rename them to fit the names on the sd card.

It still doesn’t boot. Displays odroid logo and that’s it. Both red and blue leds are lit.
I’ve checked kernel, system and also the boot.ini and config.ini.
Also replaced the DTB.img file with Odroid_N2_dtb.img.
Here’s the complete boot partition.

I could restore it by flashing to a new sdcard, and then format, change uuid of vfat partition, copy over everything, but there must be an easier way :frowning:

In the end I’va flashed a new sdcard and copied over the kernel an system files.
For some reason, the kernel was differnet from the gz file (image) than from the tar file. Maybe this was the problem. Now it boots.

Only the name is different.

Well I’ve had no USB disconnections but having said that I didn’t really have this frequently, how about you @rosenrot any disconnections?

So far so good - no disconnects so far. However, it was always a rare event for me. If you guys have 4 tuners connected, I think it is 4x more likely that you will face the issue. Let’s test a little longer.

1 Like

My setup now has some issues:
./tvheadend: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.1.0.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I’ve tried reinstalling tvheadend, but the same error occurs.

When did you last update? Try the latest nightly, and try to reinstall the addon (you can keep the data).

I’ve installed the one from 1307.
I’ve also tried to reinstall the addon, same issue. It’s CVH nightly build, 4.3, but the same one was used also before.
Also the original 4.2 has the same problem.
I will have to search once I get home if this SSL so file is present in the system or not.

try to install it from this directory
https://relkai.coreelec.org/?dir=addons/9.2/Amlogic/arm

This one works. Do you happen to have a build also for 4.3 ?
I don’t want to rescan everything as the config from 4.3 is not backwards compatible

1 Like

Having the same problem. Got two N2s in yesterday and are connected to two different AVRs (denon x3400h and onkyo rc360). Both only wake the N2 when the input is switched.

Is there a way to disable suspend in core elec?

Welcome, I’m not having this issue anymore, but I also don’t use CEC.
You can customise CEC under Kodi Settings > System > Input > Peripherals and disable suspend.

1 Like

Well, the USB table size did not solve the problem. With 4 dvb tuners, I’m still getting issues:

[  966.829727@1] usb 1-1.1: usbfs: USBDEVFS_CONTROL failed cmd mediasrv rqt 192 rq 6 len 1 ret -71
[ 1003.876235@0] usb 1-1.1: usbfs: USBDEVFS_CONTROL failed cmd mediasrv rqt 192 rq 6 len 1 ret -71
[ 1025.055830@0] usb 1-1.1: usbfs: USBDEVFS_CONTROL failed cmd mediasrv rqt 192 rq 6 len 1 ret -71
[ 1044.371291@1] usb 1-1.1: usbfs: USBDEVFS_CONTROL failed cmd mediasrv rqt 192 rq 6 len 1 ret -71
[ 1046.933854@0] usb 1-1.1: usbfs: USBDEVFS_CONTROL failed cmd mediasrv rqt 192 rq 6 len 1 ret -71
[ 1135.083807@0] usb 1-1.1: usbfs: USBDEVFS_CONTROL failed cmd mediasrv rqt 192 rq 6 len 1 ret -71
[ 1145.131792@0] usb 1-1.1: usbfs: USBDEVFS_CONTROL failed cmd mediasrv rqt 192 rq 6 len 1 ret -71
[ 1172.142617@0] usb 1-1.1: usbfs: USBDEVFS_CONTROL failed cmd mediasrv rqt 192 rq 6 len 1 ret -71
[ 1207.100171@1] usb 1-1.1: usbfs: USBDEVFS_CONTROL failed cmd mediasrv rqt 192 rq 6 len 1 ret -71

Thanks a lot, that seems to have done the trick!

Thanks for testing. @tobetter it seems the issue persists.

Regarding TVH, same for me, there is no 4.3 nightly build from CVH. I had to go back to 4.2.

My box doesn’t find any nightly builds using automatic or manual channel. I have the nightly from July 3rd installed and that one was the last that I got using the manual channel. Has something changed somewhere?