Odroid N2 test builds

If you have SanDisk please do. In Team internal testing it revealed that it is a Samsung SD card problem.
I will probably have to buy one just to look at uart or can anyone with this card make a uart log for me?

Having other problems now as I was about to test. CEC options on N2 default and when I now turn TV off it goes into suspend but when turning it back on it wonā€™t wake up. I have to do a wake on Lan command via the app. Samsung q6 TV btw.

I have 5 TVā€™s in total so I think I need to do some testing on those find out whatā€™s going on.

I can test my old Samsung TV later. Last I checked it worked. Never know what those TV send. Device only wakes up on certain CEC commands. Also make sure you donā€™t have old AML devices connected because most of them have an old uboot with a CEC bug that jams up the CEC line.

I bought a Sandisk A2. In a week I had to have the N2 to test.

Kodi 18.2 rc1 test build:
https://test.coreelec.org/ray/CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-9.0-devel-1555568432-kodi18.2rc1.tar

2 Likes

Didnā€™t know it was included, silly me :crazy_face:

1 Like

Not sure whatā€™s going on, could it be issues with hdmi?

Done some testing, Iā€™ll try to explain best I can.

Samsung Evo SD 128gb
N2 4gb, default CEC settings
Nothing else plugged into TVā€™s
Two HDMI cables
Two TVā€™s, Samsung Q6 and Samsung 7000 series
CEC Anynet+ enabled on both TVā€™s, menus pretty similar
Both 4K HDR

First Samsung TV Q6 model
HDMI cable 1
canā€™t control kodi via TV remote but box goes into suspend when TV turned off.
N2 doesnā€™t wake up when TV turned on, have to use app to wake on lan for N2 to resume.
All menus and library seam intact, no other errors but still cant use remote to control kodi.

HDMI cable 2
N2 goes into suspend when TV turns off and resumes when TV turns on but only if I switch to correct input and then it takes about 10 seconds on said input for it to come out of suspend.
Also all remote functions working with TV remote.
Can control Kodi with TV remote, turned TV on and off about 6 times all seams to be working with no other errors but very slow to resume from suspend.

Samsung 7000
HDMI cable 1
Black screen, canā€™t see Kodi at allā€¦

HDMI cable 2
Can control kodi with TV remote, N2 goes into suspend when TV turns off and also resumes from suspend when TV turns on, takes about 5 seconds to show menu but I then get the coreelc mounted error and when I try to play a movie nothing happens.

So to sum up HDMI cable 1 doesnā€™t work properly on both TVā€™s and HDMI 2 cable works on both TVā€™s but only on one I get no errors, if a little slow to come out of suspend. On second TV all seams OK apart from the mounted corelelec error.

Not sure if this helps or not maybe people with the coreelec mounted error could try different cables or TVā€™s? I can try on a LG TV later to see what happens there.

Well bloody Adam renamed it so :smiley:
But the name was bollocks anyway

I will try my Samsung TV later. This one cable could be bad.

4GB, Sandisk Ultra HC1 32GB.

You having the same issues with /storage being gone?
Can you still SSH?
Otherwise your issue is a different one.

Iā€™ve already ordered a Samsung SD card to reproduce.

Maybe a bad cable but the other cable works on both Tvā€™s but on one i get the coreelec mounted error and the other I donā€™t? not sure if that error could be cable related?
Like I said Iā€™ll try the LG one see what that does.

Thanks

Wait a second you are saying that you only have this issue with samsung SD card (/storage missing) with a specific cable?

Seams that way, on one TV no error and on other TV coreelec mounted error every time. Iā€™ll just try again to make sure.

And what happens if you wake your device with say WoL on this TV with that issue?

No my issue is different ā†’ messes up Settings pane. Either only black screen or if it opens, only some icons work. No problem with storage being removed.

What skin?

Good news, I already see Kodi 18.2 for Odroid N2. It is now easier and faster to release Kodi updates with the S922 than the S912 ?

Default Estuary, fresh installā€¦

This is made out of the testing branch. I only build test builds for the N2 currently. Once we merge this branch you will probably see an official release + nightlies.

1 Like