Odroid N2 test builds

Does it happen with IR wakeup or WoL wakeup?

IR. Will try tonight with eMMC if I succeed to run the mysterious command :smile:

I’m currently testing here with SD card and I don’t see such issue. Fresh clean flash.

Maybe it was something related to the build I used at the time, and it’s gone on newer builds.

Man this is getting weird…
Now plugging the N2 back into my Q6 I’m now getting the corelec mounted errors on that also but I can still view my Library and play a movie where as before I wasn’t getting the error on that TV, on the other 7000 model i still get the mounted error but can’t play a movie.??

EDIT: off to work now but I’ll try a different SD card later with the various TV’s and HDMI cables to see the difference.

could be. Give my latest build a try cause it has Kodi 18.2 rc1
Probably a bunch of new issues but thats life.

I think it is the SD card.

CoreELEC Display Info addon in this build does not work. I still need to install @roidy script

Any other fixes in there?

Still having issues with hd live tv.

Thanks.

Matt

Always had to do that for my N2. Turning on the TV will not resume from suspend. Have to switch source and back again.

Ok just tried a old Kingston HC card, 16gb
On same Q6 TV with same setup I don’t see any connected coreelec message.
Apart from been really slow at loading due to card speed it seems to work fine.

Put Samsung back in and coreelec connection message pops up but I can still watch movies and It only looks like it says that message the first time coming out of suspend, turning TV on and off again to put N2 in suspend doesn’t bring up the message again.

EDIT: it’s hard to see the exact message as the TV has a big white bar with info running along the top of the screen when booting. From what I can tell it has just popped up coming out of suspend mode for first time after reboot saying something about disconnecting? and then a message saying successfully removed storage system coreelec. Again everything plays ok.

EDIT2: Seen message a bit better this time,
“successfully removed storage device, coreelec”
then
“mounted storage device, storage”
These happen one after another and very quickly.
Definitely only get the message after first reboot, after that going in and out of suspend dosent give any error.

When rebooting the system it takes 1 and a half minute between the reboot command and the end of the blue heartbeat.

I don’t know how to debug this as I don’t know how to have a persistent log to analyze.
Is there a way to write a syslog to disc on CE ?

Hello!

Anybody succeeded with non-HK IR Remote wakeup?
My samsung IR (BN59-01178B) sends NEC protocol.
Wanted key (STB-POWER) is decoded by ir-keytable -u as 0x1FE0F807.
IR is working perfectly in Kodi (have custom rc_keymap for this).
I’ve modified boot.ini accordingly, but nothing is happening after poweroff.
I’m using https://test.coreelec.org/ray/ builds (from 16.04.2019)

How to debug/check ?

Ok I found that starting CE with ‘debugging’ boot option makes a persistent systemd journal in /storage/log/

But it does not help unfortunately:
Apr 18 17:32:46 CoreELEC systemd-journald[2310]: Journal stopped
– Reboot –
Apr 18 17:34:32 CoreELEC systemd[1]: Started Samba Configuration.

A post was merged into an existing topic: The Future: Odroid N2

These changes need to go into config.ini otherwise they are overwritten. Please show your modified boot.ini

Also
dmesg|grep lirc

Will show the setup keycode

I thought everyone was saying /storage is no longer mounted?

dmesg|grep lirc

CoreN2:~ # dmesg|grep lirc
[    0.000000@0] Kernel command line: console=ttyS0,115200 console=tty0 
BOOT_IMAGE=kernel.img boot=UUID=1004-5313 disk=UUID=b06b58b2-0ad9- 
440b-b909-2a887601dbf0 no_console_suspend 
logo=osd0,loaded,0x3f800000,1080p60hz vout=1080p60hz,enable voutmode=hdmi 
hdmimode=1080p60hz cvbsmode=nocvbs mac=00:1e:06:42:06:b4 consoleblank=0 
max_freq_a53=1896 max_freq_a73=1800 maxcpus=6 enable_wol=1 hdmitx=cec3f 
quiet hk-lirc-helper.remotewakeup=0x1FE0F807 hk-lirc-helper.decode_type=0x1
[    6.941123@4] lirc_helper: wakeupkey 0x1fe0f807, protocol 0x1
[    7.619944@0] lirc_dev: IR Remote Control driver registered, major 496
[    7.637424@5] rc rc0: lirc_dev: driver ir-lirc-codec (meson-ir) registered at minor =0

boot.ini:

cat /flash/boot.ini
ODROIDN2-UBOOT-CONFIG

#------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#
# boot.ini
#
# WARNING DO NOT MODIFY THIS FILE! ALL CHANGES WILL BE LOST WITH THE NEXT UPDATE!
# Set your own settings in config.ini
#
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

setenv bootrootfs "BOOT_IMAGE=kernel.img boot=UUID=1004-5313 disk=UUID=b06b58b2-0ad9-440b-b909-2a887601dbf0"
setenv condev "console=ttyS0,115200 console=tty0"
setenv hdmimode "1080p60hz"
setenv bmp_width "1920"
setenv bmp_height "1080"
setenv vout_mode "hdmi"
setenv hdmioutput   "1"
setenv vpu          "1"
setenv coreelec "quiet"
setenv hdmi_cec "1"
setenv maxcpus "6"
setenv max_freq_a73 "1800"
setenv max_freq_a53 "1896"
setenv rtc_shield "0"
setenv emmc_timeout "0"
setenv wol "1"
setenv remotewakeup "0x1FE0F807"
setenv decode_type "0x1"

setenv loadaddr 0x11000000
setenv dtb_mem_addr 0x1000000
setenv uenv_addr 0x13000000

fatload mmc ${mmc_dev}:1 ${loadaddr} kernel.img
fatload mmc ${mmc_dev}:1 ${dtb_mem_addr} dtb.img

if fatload mmc ${mmc_dev}:1 ${uenv_addr} config.ini; then env import -t ${uenv_addr} $filesize; fi

if test "${emmc_timeout}" = "1"; then showlogo ${hdmimode} ${bmp_width} ${bmp_height} timeout-logo-${bmp_height}.bmp.gz; sleep 30; mmc dev 1; mmc dev 0; fi

setenv irsetup "hk-lirc-helper.remotewakeup=${remotewakeup} hk-lirc-helper.decode_type=${decode_type}"
setenv device "no_console_suspend logo=osd0,loaded,0x3f800000,${hdmimode} vout=${hdmimode},enable voutmode=${vout_mode} hdmimode=${hdmimode} cvbsmode=nocvbs mac=${ethaddr} consoleblank=0 max_freq_a53=${max_freq_a53} max_freq_a73=${max_freq_a73} maxcpus=${maxcpus} enable_wol=${wol}"
if test "${hdmi_cec}" = "1"; then setenv cec "hdmitx=cec3f"; fi
setenv bootargs "${condev} ${bootrootfs} ${device} ${cec} ${coreelec} ${irsetup}"

# Device tree modifications
bootm start
bootm loados
bootm fdt
if test "${vpu}" = "0"; then fdt rm /mesonstream; fdt rm /vdec; fdt rm /ppmgr; fi
if test "${hdmioutput}" = "0"; then fdt rm /mesonfb; fi
if test "${rtc_shield}" = "1"; then fdt set "/i2c@c1108500/pcf8563@51" status okay; else fdt set "/i2c@c1108500/pcf8563@51" status disabled; fi
# Remove aml partition layout from device tree (required for eMMC boot)
fdt rm /partitions
bootm prep

# Boot the board
bootm go

config.ini: (every line hashed-out)

#
# config.ini
#

#
# Console Setup
#   on serial port:
#   condev='ttyS0,115200'
#

#
# Video
#   Setup the video output
#       hdmimode='480i60hz'
#       hdmimode='480i_rpt'
#       hdmimode='480p60hz'
#       hdmimode='480p_rpt'
#       hdmimode='576i50hz'
#       hdmimode='576i_rpt'
#       hdmimode='576p50hz'
#       hdmimode='576p_rpt'
#       hdmimode='720p60hz'
#       hdmimode='720p50hz'
#       hdmimode='1080i60hz'
#       hdmimode='1080p60hz'
#       hdmimode='1080i50hz'
#       hdmimode='1080p50hz'
#       hdmimode='1080p30hz'
#       hdmimode='1080p25hz'
#       hdmimode='1080p24hz'
#       hdmimode='2160p60hz'
#       hdmimode='2160p50hz'
#       hdmimode='2160p30hz'
#       hdmimode='2160p25hz'
#       hdmimode='2160p24hz'
#       hdmimode='2160p60hz420'
#       hdmimode='2160p50hz420'
#       hdmimode='smpte60hz'
#       hdmimode='smpte50hz'
#       hdmimode='smpte30hz'
#       hdmimode='smpte25hz'
#       hdmimode='smpte24hz'
#       hdmimode='smpte60hz420'
#       hdmimode='smpte50hz420'
#

#
# HDMI/DVI Mode Configuration
# This will enforce the signal type of display
#   vout_mode='hdmi'
#   vout_mode='dvi'
#

#
# CoreELEC variables
#
# Setup the CoreELEC options
#   valid values are: textmode debugging progress nofsck nosplash noram overlay quiet ssh
#
# coreelec='quiet'
#

#
# Enable|Disable HDMI CEC Control
#   hdmi_cec='0'
#   hdmi_cec='1'
#

#
# Enable|Disable RTC Shield
#   rtc_shield='0'
#   rtc_shield='1'
#

#
# CPU Frequency / Cores control
#
# WARNING!!! WARNING!!! WARNING!!!
#   Before changing anything here please read the wiki entry:
#   http://odroid.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=en:c2_set_cpu_freq
#
# MAX CPU's
#   maxcpus='1'
#   maxcpus='2'
#   maxcpus='3'
#   maxcpus='4'
#
# MAX Frequency
#   2.016GHz
#   max_freq='2016'
#   1.944GHz
#   max_freq='1944'
#   1.920GHz
#   max_freq='1920'
#   1.896GHz
#   max_freq='1896
#   1.752GHz
#   max_freq='1752'
#   1.680GHz
#   max_freq='1680'
#   1.656GHz
#   max_freq='1656'
#   1.536GHz
#   max_freq='1536'
#

#
# WOL setting for LePotato
#   wol=1
#

#
# EMMC timeout for LePotato
#   You can enable a boot delay of 30s before the kernel is loaded. This way you can boot LePotato from
#   SD card and you have time to insert the emmc module, otherwise it would boot Android from emmc
#   automatically. This is especially useful if you want to install CoreELEC to emmc.
#   emmc_timeout=1
#

# setenv irdecodetype "NEC"
# setenv remotewakeup "0x00070164"
# setenv remotewakeup "0x0164"
# setenv bootargs ${bootargs} irdecodetype=${irdecodetype} remotewakeup=${remotewakeup}

Looks good. You got uart?

It says the following coming out of suspend
“successfully removed storage device"
immediately followed by
“mounted storage device"

Steps to get this Reboot N2 while TV on,
Turn TV off,
Turn TV on,
Produces that message.

I’ve taken a video for you to see.