Odroid N2 test builds

Question is can you still ssh into the box after suspend?

Got few of usb-uarts around.

CH340 works. @ shutdown :

wake-on-lan = 00000001
bl30 get wakeup sources!
process command 00000006
bl30 enter suspend!
Little core clk suspend rate 1896000000
Big core clk suspend rate 24000000
store restore gp0 pll
suspend_counter: 1
Enter ddr suspend
ddr suspend time: 17us
alarm=0S
process command 00000001
cec ver:2018/04/19
CEC cfg:0x003f
WAKEUP GPIO cfg:0x00000000
use vddee new table!
08915d0000000000cec reset
Set cec pinmux:0x11
kern log_addr:0x0f
cec T: 11
cec_triggle_tx:TX_ERROR
Set cec log_addr:0x01, ADDR0:11
WAKEUP GPIO FAIL - invalid key
fffffe71
customer pwrkeys for IR is NULL, use defaults!

customer pwrkeys for IR is NULL, use defaults! - looks like IR did not get proper keyā€¦

Some experimenting with different SD cards.

All tests used April 14th N2 image clean. I did do a library import
each time to have movie library to scroll thru for testing disk access.

Transcend cards seem to work just fine :slight_smile:

The Sony SD does the removal notification and yanks the file system
upon resuming from suspend.
sony64.txt (97.6 KB)

All of the Sandisk cards I have behave same exact way. When
resuming from suspend subsequent access is very slow and kernel log filled
with SD messages. Note itā€™s possible to suspend without this problem occurring. Usually found you have to be in movie library to trigger it. Sometimes it takes a few tries to reproduce.
sandisk200.txt (3.4 MB)

Ran into unrelated CEC problems resuming.

Have a Sony 690e TV. In CEC configuration within Kodi if Devices to power on and power off are
set ā€˜TVā€™ the TV flakes out about a third of the time and when turned back on wonā€™t unsuspend
Kodi. In this case if I pull the power cord on the TV then turn it on the N2 resumes so seems to be a TV problem.

With setting of ā€˜Noneā€™ rather than ā€˜TVā€™ behavior is consistent and resume always works reliably. Kodi
should probably suppress echoing power messages to the same thing that requested Kodi power up/down in the first place assuming this is whatā€™s happening.

Watching livetv I get following errors:

https://justpaste.it/2pnwz

If you need further information, please tell me what is required. Iā€™m happy to help.

Another one: https://justpaste.it/5jqr0

This one freezes the entire box, I have to re-plug the power cord.

Update: 4k movies or livetv result in an image which spans over 1/4 of the screen. Resolution stays at 1080p. Whitelist untouched after fresh install.

Thanks for all the testing I could not reproduce with my 16G sandisk. But your logs might help figuring this issue out.

It does indeed look like it didnā€™t work. Can you try suspend too?

Iā€™m using a 16gb sandisk SD and it works great, even when it suspend.

but the memory usage is high. Iā€™m using the same addons I used in C2 and it was only 500mb

Modifying setenv remotewakeup in boot.ini works for me.
What should I put in config.ini?

These are the examples in config.ini

1 Like

You have overscan setup in your guisettings.xml

Here is a testbuild trying to fix the SD card issue. I didnā€™t get my Samsung SD card so I could not test yet:
https://test.coreelec.org/ray/CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-9.0-devel-1555651433.tar

Same bad results. No change.:disappointed:

Honestly, I donā€™t think this is something I could solve with any overscsn settings.
https://send.firefox.com/download/a2af933642f7a8bc/#pC-8K4PHGLfBR9XbD5Izbw

This worked without any problems some builds ago.

Look into your guisettings.xml

The only adjustments I could find in ir-keytable are Delay and Period which are to do with how long a key is pressed down. My problem is that after you press one key you need to wait almost a second before pressing another key or the press isnā€™t recognised.

Anyway the main problem turns out to be my USB DVB dongle. If I stop TVHeadend the HK remote improves, and if I remove the dongle altogether the remote is just about perfect.

I donā€™t know if this is fixable or not, but I guess it should be as the IR remote on my S905 box works perfectly while using that dongle.

Itā€™s a PCTV Triplestick 292e.

Unfortunately, the magic special sauce behind how the DVB driver stuff works, breaks stuff and makes it a nightmare to maintain and deal with IR remote stuff. The IR remote when not using the DVB stuff works reasonably well, though I do plan on making a few more improvements to it. Hopefully we can figure a way to lower the burden caused by DVB stuff and make it so there is no problems when using an IR remote with the DVB stuff.

1 Like

Thanks so much for the reply, I understand it must be a bloody nightmare.

I think my wife is finally getting used to the airmouse/kb now anyway after me constantly reminding her ā€œspacebar to pause/play and C for menuā€ :slightly_smiling_face:

@Daaave I can highly recommend the Amazon Alexa remote paired with a super cheap CSR8510 bluetooth dongle, works perfectly and is more responsive than any IR remote.

Iā€™ve tried my OSMC remote as well which also works perfectly fine out of the box.

1 Like

Can these remotes be configured to switch the N2 on? (startup from shutdown state I mean)

Thanks for your help

Iā€™ve checked both poweroff / systemctl suspend - no diff.
Last line after kernel up is always:

CoreELEC:~ # pwr_key=1fe0f807

If it means anythingā€¦ didnā€™t find reference to such variable anywhere in sourcesā€¦