Odroid N2 test builds

What are the display modes ? “Wall”, “Fanart” …
Ok I will make a recorded video in 60 hz to try to demonstrate that.

Guys one question how to modify config.ini it is in read only mode Iam using n2 with emmc. Please help.

mount -o remount,rw /flash

Or remove SD/Emmc and use your PC.

I use a standard List with Cover. I don’t like Wall.
Make a Video but don’t use debug overlay so that nobody is confused by FPS values.

1 Like

But @Bindou from your posts I get that you are very happy with your N2 aren’t you?
Thanks for being a loyal valuable CE user for all this time CoreELEC exists :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, I am very happy (Especially my child), there is no equivalent. Once the last bugs that crash the box will be corrected, I would be extremely satisfied. I just had a new crash coming out of a h265 4K HDR movie. I simply pressed “Stop”, and black image.

Thanks to the team for all the good work.

1 Like

We will figure out those remaining issues and crashes. It is always good to see if the box crashed or just Kodi hanging. Ssh into it and post a dmesg if possible.

I will surely still annoy you, but can you remind me of the procedure ? Or do you share a link that explains it ? Please.

If your Kodi GUI seems hanging try to ssh into it.
You can try to restart Kodi:
systemctl restart kodi
If that fixes it it might be good to post kodi log:
pastebinit .kodi/temp/kodi.log
If you can’t ssh or if Kodi is not restarting post dmesg log:

dmesg|pastebinit

Both commands will print a link to ix.io which we can examine if we have time.

1 Like

@Bindou I did another round of experiments now with Wall view. I don’t see any difference visually between 1080p60 or 2160p60 here either scrolling through a test library I imported from a kodi developer containing over 1000 of fake movies.

What you could also do to squeeze out even more GPU performance is dirty regions:

https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Modify_dirty_regions

1 Like

By unplugging the device, everything is back to normal. But, the debug log, and “component specific” was not enabled … :confused: -> http://ix.io/1GEV

“I don’t see any difference visually between 1080p60 or 2160p60 here either scrolling through a test library I imported from a kodi developer containing over 1000 of fake movies.”
Strange :thinking:

“Dirty regions”
Thank you, I will try.

I have nec code of power button 0xA659FF00 Ive added 2 lines in /flash/config.ini
remotewakeup=”0xA659FF00"
decode_type=“0x1”

and it is not working :confused:

Which dirty regions parameter gives more GPU performance?

Well we have someone else claiming it’s not working so there is probably something off. Can you get uart output? Uart uboot reads keycodes. I tested with my HK remote and my Minix remote and it is working. But apparently there is a bug.

It doesn’t give GPU performance it just about Kodi GUI rendering. Sorry if that was unclear. Use 0

How to get uart output ?

You need an uart adapter. I need to look what is wrong here. Other way is to find your vendors uboot source code

Disabling dirtyregions has given new life to N2 upon change to 4K rendering. I think it should be disabled by default in the future by default.
By setting it to zero it is so much more fluid at 4k.
Edit: spoke too soon. There is a lot of screen tearing if browsing the main menu while a video is playing in background. @Ray any idea how I can get rid of the screen tearing.
Tried everything, still horrible image flickering as described on this page https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Modify_dirty_regions
Can we go back to the original way it was, a 1080p rendering upscaled to 4K since 4K is too slow for this device? I find it to be extremely slow at 4K same as @Bindou and @Comma and setting dirty regions to 0 is causing more problems than it solves.

I just done testing this and came to the same conclusion

Just use 1080p GUI. 4K GUi is not required.