Odroid N2 test builds

No. Works now. Thanks.

Hi devs,
Do you think it would be possible to unleash the display of full screen covers ?

To get like the original at the source (TMDB) :
Kodi 1280x720 px VS TMDB 3000x2000 px

Here: https://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings.xml#imageres

1 Like

Naive question. Is it possible to make a build by changing this data ?
1080 </ images>
or 9999 </ images>

https://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings.xml#imageres

With N2, the restriction no longer has to be ?

Unless it also changes the definition of the pockets in the view below, which would slow down the GUI ?

The images resolution is changed whatever the view. I have set imageres to 1080 and it’s even fine on my C2.

Ok, I’ll try this, thanks.

You need to make one in /storage/.kodi/userdata
Read the beginning of the wiki page.

1 Like
<advancedsettings> 
           <imageres>1080</imageres>
</advancedsettings>

Kodi must be restarted after editing this file.

<advancedsettings> 
           <imageres>9999</imageres>
</advancedsettings>

Even with this code, I do not notice any difference. The image still seems compressed.

However, the “advancedsettings.xml” file is in the Userdata folder. Strange. Ray tells me that only the skinner can change that. Maybe that’s the explanation?

You need to refresh the movie to cache the new imageres.

1 Like

No, thats right:

<advancedsettings>
   <imageres>9999</imageres>
  <fanartres>9999</fanartres>
</advancedsettings>

Then just delete the entire Thumbnails directory and let Kodi re-cache them all again.

1 Like

Do you have imageres setting? any downside?

Yes both imageres and fanartres set to 9999. I’ve not noticed any downside in terms of speed however your Thumbnails directory is going to end up larger in size due to the fact images are now full-res.

I have about 120 movies, 1300 TV epsiodes spread across over 50 TV shows all of the episodes have full 1080 or 4K episode thumbnails and just over 600 Albums. My Kodi Thumbnails directory is just over 1.6GB in size, I have a 32GB eMMC so I’m not worried about the sapce :smiley:

1 Like

Ok, my thumbnails folder is 5.69gb and I also have 32gb emmc, empty space is 19.69gb.
I will it a go and see if I have enough space.

1 Like

May I suggest the mods to split this entire imageres discussion out of the N2 test builds thread?

I’d suggest to keep this topic N2 only. Random Kodi questions should be asked at kodi forums.

OK, thanks.

I worked around the issue (i.e. that I cannot wake it via HDMI CEC) by enabling Wake-On-Lan, which is fully supported and which can be achieved through the Kodi remote app (at least the iOS version):

Add this line to /storage/.config/autostart.sh:

ethtool -s eth0 wol g

Make the script executable (chmod +x) and reboot.

Now I can wake the N2 using the Kodi remote app or any WoL tool (e.g. on Mac, Linux or Windows). It even works when the N2 has been shutdown completely.

Nice!

This ethtool cmd is not required. WOL works out of the box

1 Like

Sure? (guess you are :slight_smile:) It was reported as disabled by ethtool (‘d’) but cool if there is another default way.

It’s working here without any magic. :slight_smile:

1 Like