Odroid N2 test builds

Hello,

i have no issue with 25 seconds, neither i must reboot to got the ambilight to work. 1080p work now, but as drdemin said, on 1080p the horizontally stripes look like sqeezed/shifted.

Btw: 4k isn’t working (dmesg output: ge2d: ge2d timeout). Only the left side work. (But that was just a note, 1080p is way more important. :slightly_smiling_face:)

Thanks & regards

One thing I am seeing is that after a while of using Hyperion the performance of the led updates completely craps out, e.g. drops to like 1fps on led updates.
The system then becomes very unstable and will hard lock randomly.
This bad performance and random crashing then continued after reboots which makes me think that whatever is going on is causing some component to potentially be overheating and crapping out.
After one reboot my Ethernet just stopped working (switch showed cable unplugged), rebooted again, still not working, after about 2-3 minutes of doing nothing it just came back up by itself.
Incidentally after leaving the system for 5-10 mins and starting Hyperion again, the led update speed is back to normal which is what makes me think that it might be to do with a component overheating.
After a few hours of leaving it alone I’m back to the same situation as you now.
Only left hand side is working again And I’m now seeing ge2d timeout in dmesg.

Edit ok I’m stupid, after updating the Hyperion add-on I forgot that it enables it.
I was essentially spinning up two instances of Hyperion which was causing my 25 seconds dropout issue.
So with @Portisch build the ge2d errors are gone for me 1080p and 4k h265 capture is working but 1080 content Is only displaying to LEDs at about 1-3 fps

Hello,
I receive the notification when an update is available, but it is not done automatically. Yet, “auto update” is enabled. What’s new in this version of the day?

When you get the notification it means it has downloaded the update ready to apply.
Just reboot your box and it will apply it

Yes, on my old box, it has always worked well in this way. But not here.

There is an issue with one of the versions, you have to apply the update manually.

1 Like

It is done. What are the corrections?

FYI, I still have the problem of sound in stereo. While all other formats Atmos, DTS-HD, etc. work perfectly.

Yes we know, we are expecting a BSP update from Hardkernel any day now that will hopefully fix a number of issues that exist.

2 Likes

For my part, once this little audio bug and the standby problem solved, I can say that for my use (multimedia UHD), Kodi N2 is the most powerful combo at all levels. Thanks guys.

2 Likes

Can you try before starting to play a video: echo 1 > /sys/module/amvdec_h264/parameters/enable_switch_fense
And use the CE image I posted before. For me it is working with the Avengers 1080p trailer without any problem.

And also for h265:
echo 3 | tee /sys/module/amvdec_h265/parameters/double_write_mode

I’m having different display behavior with my setup, depending on device POWER ON sequence.

Setup is:
N2 - - Denon AVR - - 1080p Projector (LG PF50KG)

When I turn projector on first and then N2 later, 60hz option is missing (both GUI and whitelist). Sometimes it even set 576p as default resolution.
Dispinfo

When I turn N2 on first and then projector later, 60hz option is available.
Dispinfo

What would have been the problem?
I don’t have this issue with my TV, no matter which get powered on first.

I agree!

Can I ask what standby problem you refer to?

My one issue is that during nighttime, the N2 either shuts down or suspends, and I cannot wake it via e.g. CEC.

Thanks but it made little to no difference, about 3-5 updates per second.
I already use 3 for double write mode in h265. I let people know of that value back on odroid c1 if I remember rightly.
It’s not only in h264, also behaves the same in vc-1.
H265 both 1080 and 4k is fine

Thank you for trying to find a decision. But enable_switch_fense with your image is not working for me. I have the same result as before. Good way to test is this video from youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqFH-NZUfQ4 in 1080p mode.

How to install the image on a emmc?

I think I’m able to write the image to the emmc card but I’m not able to see something on the connected display when I boot.

I just used dd to write the .img file to the eMMC after booting from a SD card, and on first boot it resized the storage partition to fit the eMMC

hopefully PCM over HDMI is one of those, it’s the only thing keeping my N2 from being my main device at this point

When N2 goes to sleep, it does not always wake up with the TV. I have to turn off the TV / amp 3 to 4 times so that the N2 finally wakes up. So, for now, I do not use the day before; N2 all the time on. The system is on an SD Card; as soon as I have received my eMMC, I will try.

When switching to a 4k channel in liveTV I see only 1/4 of the screen showing the 4k image. I deleted the resolutions branch from the guisettings.xml. However, after restarting the box the resolutions are restored again. What do I miss? I’m on the 0511 nightly.

Did you stop Kodi before editing guisettings.xml ?