Odroid N2 test builds

WOL is working “out of box” for me since I’ve installed CoreELEC on my N2 (first nightly).

1 Like

No worries. I guess it you did research too much without trying it first :wink:

1 Like

Switching channels in liveTV sometimes kills kodi, is this known? Should I provide a debug log? Would the UART output be of interest?

question for you, when it dies do you just get a frozen live tv screen?, or does the kodi process crash and restart for you?

@PViriX are you able to test this build? I ran @TheCoolest 's command on my nightly install and it fixed the issue. I’m not sure how I can revert the change w/o a clean install.

echo 422 > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/attr

I tested this again on nightly_20190512 and still not working when harware acceleration is on.
Are the devs on it ?

I havent had a chance to test this. Been busy. In your case, is your tv now switching from 1080 to 4k resolution and back to 720 for live tv etc (with auto switch tv resolution) ? Or is it pushing the 4k movie through 1080p screen resolution or 4k resolution depending on system resolution? (Similar to white listing like behavior). Im asking because frame rate to hz matching , is lost if the resolution/hz is not auto switched by the tv itself.

Both. Sometimes it freezes and I have to pull the power cord. The other times it freezes, I hear the last 1s of audio over and over again until the box restarts completely.

I had a look at kodi code here: AMLCodec.cpp
Contrast and brightness can be set in /sys/class/video/contrast and /sys/class/video/brightness.
When I echo a value in these settings on the C2 they are correctly stored but on the N2 contrast is always at -128 and brightness at 0.
Hope this helps.

reason i asked is that i have seen a complete freeze twice now, both during live tv channel switching, its really odd in that i can kill kodi process and the frozen live tv screen persists, no idea what going on!, the only way out of it is pull the power coard, i havent caught it with logging turned up yet :frowning:

Indeed. And doing so, I learned of the existence of autostart.sh, so time not wasted :slight_smile:

@stillmatic the effect of the echo 422 > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/attr command only lasts until the next reboot. So you can test the build without having to worry about having used that command, as long as you didn’t put it in your autostart file.

Though if you ever want to clear the attr without a reboot the following will reset it.

echo "" > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/attr

The code is the same as it was in 3.14 kernel. It’s possible that the registers used are incompatible with the S922X. This will need a thorough investigation.

Edit: In the publicly available S922X datasheet, these registers are not there, so no wonder brightness/contrast isn’t working. I doubt we’d be able to do anything without more info. It’s possible that this control is no longer available, although that sounds a bit strange.

Same for me. This is why I was asking the devs what to provide to solve this potential bug.

Same here. Has only happened watching iptv. Nothing in the logs, restarting kodi does not help, only way is to remove power.

/XtracT

@xtract, @binhex, @rosenrot
Please clarify in more details when you have this freeze? Does GUI fully overlap playing channel or not at this time?

I have seen this on my C2 in the past. I’ve yet to have the N2 crash hard enough to require a full power cut (that generally implies something low level), but a couple of Kodi-only crashes have happened. SSHing in and “systemctl restart kodi” fixes the problem.

Does the following also reset every time the box is restarted?

echo 0 > /sys/module/di/parameters/nr2_en

If so, how can I permanently toggle this command? (turns off amlogic noise reduction).

Thanks in advance!

Hello, I have tested many audio formats with passthru and some video formats.

1. 2160p AVC 8bit 29.97fps (https://www.demolandia.net/pev3) had problems, display didn’t change to 30Hz and menu was flickering, odroid n2 is connected directly to LG OLED55C8.
  2. 5.1 FLAC (http://www.lindberg.no/hires/test/2L-092/2L-092_mch-96kHz_01.flac) sounds broken.
  3. When i was watching longer content with Dolby Digital Plus (EAC3) randomly about every 15-20min sound drops for some miliseconds, on AVR looks like switch between DD+/PCM.
  4. HDMI CEC is laggy some times.

I don’t have live TV, but it’s a full switch from 1080 to 4k. I’ve reviewed TV info to confirm this.