Odroid N2 test builds

Are there any options for the blue heartbeat light? Or is it just enabled or disabled. On steady would be good.

Not through config.ini but you can set different modes in autostart.sh:

none kbd-scrolllock kbd-numlock kbd-capslock kbd-kanalock k
d-shiftlock kbd-altgrlock kbd-ctrllock kbd-altlock kbd-shif
llock kbd-shiftrlock kbd-ctrlllock kbd-ctrlrlock timer ones
ot [heartbeat] backlight gpio cpu0 cpu1 cpu2 cpu3 cpu4 cpu5
default-on transient panic emmc sd rc-feedback

ā€œCHECKING SIZE FAILEDā€
The auto update refuses to apply to my eMMC (32GB). Only 511.7MB is reserved for the system. Is this normal?

Be more specific

You have some crap in /flash. Normally only ~165MB is used.

1 Like

Strange, I do not understand. Too bad, I redid a clean installation. And itā€™s good. Have a good day.

You seem to have saved something on /flash partition. Bindou my friend you need to learn how to ssh to your box. This will make debug/bugreports/fixes/workarounds easier you know. Please invest some time to learn it.

3 Likes

Thanks, though I donā€™t understand all that, would have to spend some time figuring it out. Iā€™ll just leave the heartbeat light off for now. Maybe more options in config.ini someday?

I know I know, promised, during my next vacation.
Thanks !

https://wiki.odroid.com/odroid-n2/application_note/led_control?s[]=heartbeat

I donā€™t want to jinx it, butā€¦ The latest 5/19 nightly seems to have solved the issue where live tv (mpeg2 1080i60) would sometimes freeze the video for several seconds.

You mean on starting live stream? This is fixed, yes!

1 Like

Yes! Not sure what did it but hallelujah!!

1 Like

Negative PTS on video start was the problem. This was handled as positive and was leading to a stalled video for 2-10 seconds.

1 Like

Awesome! I havenā€™t done any testing yet, but I am wondering if this also solves some weird issues I was seeing with 720p playback on channels like FX. In those cases, after a commercial, it would get into a weird state where the audio would drop out and kinda repeat. Skipping back a few seconds fixed it.

Sadly not, the example video below also caused fits on my C2.

Confirm! Thanks guys, saved my axx as my wife was nerved by that :wink:

Has anyone else confirmed the same behavior with the video I shared?

Yes, I can confirm the same behavior with this video.

But on my laptop (ā€¦ an old IntelĀ© Coreā„¢ i5-3210M from 2012) with Linux Mint 19.1 and VLC, there are no problems playing this video.

Problem on N2 with HW decoding.
SW decoding on N2 works OK, as does on my Intel PC.