Odroid N2 test builds

Your sample plays perfect on my N2, no vertical color lines…

1 Like

I’m seeing blocking errors while watching live TV. When it occurs it happens at the same time for all the block wheres the blocking error repeats every like 200ms.

Does anyone else see this?

Thanks! I’ll check the settings, like resolution, etc

…no problems with “Sample-001.mkv (video)”, too.

…and no problems with liveTV at the moment (Odroid N2 is only client of my TVHeadend-server with 4 DVB-S2 tuners).

Will these builds work for the Beelink GT-King? I should be receiving mine early next week, and ready to test CoreELEC on it… thanks.

You’re welcome to try. It’s unlikely that it will work, but we don’t have any of those boxes on hand to be able to tell you.

I played your sample three times. one time all fine and the other two times audio and video out of sync ( video slow motion) when the first commercial ends.

Yes, that has been my experience. It does seem to get back on track when the movie starts back, so at least there is that.

On my N2 with 20190522 nightly containing @afl1 audio stuttering fix, your sample plays without error, no audio stuttering after the commercial ends.

try more times. not audio stuter, it’s audio and video out of sync

My fault. I compiled with SysfsUtils::SetString("/sys/module/di/parameters/nr2_en", "0"); inside WinSystemAmlogic.cpp, because I do not like the washed image of noise reducers. All formats works fine, but by removing those lines, VC1 works perfectly. Sorry

I finally modify this commit https://github.com/CoreELEC/xbmc/commit/45d0edc3ccce738405e475b073129958e34f3d4d, activating default settings on VC1 and revert on other formats. Now, all works properly. Thanks!

No it won’t work.

I think I have an idea what you did. You can contribute the fix. So Noise Reduction will be off all the time unless VC1 is playing.

These green frame artifacts are errors in AML binary ucode. I’m currently testing recent AML kernel and we have the same issues as before with DI and VC1 and Hyperion.

1 Like

I’m testing these settings inside WinSystemAmlogic.cpp:

SysfsUtils::SetInt("/sys/module/am_vecm/parameters/hdr_mode", hdr2sdr);
  }

SysfsUtils::SetString("/sys/module/di/parameters/nr2_en", "0");
  SysfsUtils::SetString("/sys/module/di/parameters/dnr_dm_en", "N");
  SysfsUtils::SetString("/sys/module/di/parameters/dnr_en", "N");
  SysfsUtils::SetString("/sys/module/di/parameters/nr10bit_support", "0");
  //SysfsUtils::SetString("/sys/module/di/parameters/bypass_all", "1");
  SysfsUtils::SetString("/sys/module/amvideo/parameters/super_scaler", "Y");

m_nativeDisplay = EGL_DEFAULT_DISPLAY;

I’m not sure with “bypass_all”, and the image quality seems to be superb.
Inside AMLCodec.cpp, I added:

if (am_private->video_format == VFORMAT_VC1) 					/* workaround to fix slowdown VC1 progressive */
  {
    SysfsUtils::SetInt("/sys/module/di/parameters/di_debug_flag", 0x10000);
	SysfsUtils::SetString("/sys/module/di/parameters/nr2_en", "1");
	SysfsUtils::SetString("/sys/module/di/parameters/dnr_dm_en", "Y");
	SysfsUtils::SetString("/sys/module/di/parameters/dnr_en", "Y");
	SysfsUtils::SetString("/sys/module/di/parameters/nr10bit_support", "1");
  }
  else
  {
    SysfsUtils::SetInt("/sys/module/di/parameters/di_debug_flag", 0);
	SysfsUtils::SetString("/sys/module/di/parameters/nr2_en", "0");
	SysfsUtils::SetString("/sys/module/di/parameters/dnr_dm_en", "N");
	SysfsUtils::SetString("/sys/module/di/parameters/dnr_en", "N");
	SysfsUtils::SetString("/sys/module/di/parameters/nr10bit_support", "0");
  }

Everything works. I’m testing “bypass_all” and if it have an impact on image quality.

Can you add a patch for using the Super Scaler for only the SD resolutions?

This will add cartoon like effects.

I’ve tested, and I does not see any cartoon effect with SD contents, but the upscaling is even better.

Is that native resolution? Or are you playing 480p with 4K?

480p / 576p source with 1080p output.