Odroid N2 test builds

Try another HDMI cable.

??? why, to which my post are you answering ?

Sorry, the one with the veritcal lines :slight_smile:

Hello,
Iā€™ve built a media center a while ago using the odroid c2.
It has multiple DVB tunres, VFD display, all in a nice enclosure.
Now Iā€™ve built version 2, this time using the Odroid N2.
Iā€™ve also put together an instructable, which contains lots of useful information. I donā€™t know if itā€™s against forum rules, but Iā€™m sharing it here, maybe somebody will find it useful:

2 Likes

I see in kernel code that we could do some limitation of source width and height. I need to know what the max. allowed width and height is for super scaler.

Also the same tests need to be done for 4K not only 1080p.

1 Like

Anyone able to test hyperion with this avengers endgame trailer please:
https://test.coreelec.org/ray/CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-9.0-devel-1558688059.tar

I see no more ge2d timeout messages but I have no Hyperion Hardware to test it.

1 Like

I cant try today or tomorrow. Sunday i got time to test but maybe someone else will be faster than me.

Hello Ray. Hyperion is working with your build. Thanx. But CEC stoped working.
P.S. I have found that where is no CEC driver in settings.

720p content to 4k, with optimal results. I donā€™t see any strange effect. I have no SD content. Some 720p, 90% 1080p and 4k. I will try your Hyperion build in a few hours.

I did not ask for CEC lol. This build is only to see if Hyperion is working. But thanks for the feedback.

Also only test Hyperion with h264. If you had Hyperion issues with other codecs it will not fix this.

https://test.coreelec.org/ray/CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-9.0-devel-1558701842.tar

Hyperion fix and latest aml bsp kernel. Cec works :wink:

H264 interlaced live streams were reported broken.

In case of Hyperion i can confirm that 1080p H264 now works fine for me. Iā€™ll also test 4k H264 but i do not have much time this weekendā€¦

Thank you all for you efforts!

Regards

1 Like

Thatā€™s great I will port this fix to our current kernel. This will fix Hyperion without the issues on latest bsp kernel.

Iā€™m a noob with Hyperion. I donā€™t know how to try my Philips hue led strips. Hyperion or Hyperion.ng? With the C2, I get it to work, but now, Iā€™m lost. What grabber uses the N2?

The configuration of my device (ā€œtypeā€ : ā€œphilipshueā€) is the same as I had on the C2.

EDIT: Now works!

Also confirming that with h264, Hyperion is working fine with your build.

Thanks for working on the Hyperion fixes, it is much better but I am still getting some issues with h264 and Hyperion on the newest test build.

SD, 720P h264 and 2160p h265 have all been fine but some 1080p h264 content is pausing and stuttering, seeing this in Hyperion log:

[hyperiond AMLOGICGRABBER] (ERROR) Read of device failed: 61 - No data available [hyperiond AMLOGICGRABBER] (ERROR) Read of device failed: 61 - No data available

I am on WiFi so will try with Lan cable in the morning and post back if success or some additional logs/sample file if needed.

Thanks again :slight_smile:

Wifi is never reliable.

I pushed this fix to our current kernel. Next nightly should have it.

1 Like

For those asking about the GT King current support : [S922X] Bee-link GT King (avoid polluting this thread :))

Did something get changed in CEC in recent times?
I donā€™t seem to have the issue with CEC not working after reboots and other random times on my LG anymore.

Could someone please guide me a bit? I donā€™t have the official remote for the device, but Iā€™d like to wake the device up from suspend mode with my wireless Logitech keyboard (K400). Is this possible and if so, how to proceed? Iā€™m going to buy a BT dongle so that I can still use my old PlayStation BD remote to control things after Kodi is running.