Odroid N2 test builds

You said it was working when I asked to test my testbuild.

Anyone with Hyperion h264 issues please try this testbuild:
https://test.coreelec.org/ray/CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-9.0-devel-1558957992.tar

Suspend is broken here.

2 Likes

Yes in your testbild hyperion is working but not in the 20190525 nightly.

1 Like

Further fine tuning of my preferred on-board 2-channel audio settings:

The “Resampling quality” setting: when used with a 384.0 kHz fixed output the ‘High’ quality resampling will cause audio to periodically cut out or introduce occasional crunchy static sounds when playing some videos. I didn’t notice any any audio flaws when playing flac audio files with ‘High’ quality resampling. Using ‘Medium’ quality resampling allows the same videos to play without audio flaws. Flac files also sound fine at ‘Medium’ quality.

Here is an example of a video (at 1080p)that has audio problems with a fixed 384 kHz sample rate using ‘High’ quality resampling:

Hyperion really works now! thank you Ray!

This is the latest AML kernel. I need to fix a few other things. Major bug is that kernel is crashing on suspend.

yeah, i had two little stutters in the last half hour watching live tv (720p h264)

thank you will do that

Has anyone else tested h264 Hi10P profile stuff? I watched one movie (personally re-encoded at 720p) and there were a few stutters during the movie, none of them in any complex, high bitrate parts. I tried to replicate the stutter but it didn’t appear in the same scene when I jumped back 10-30 seconds before trying.

You do know that hi10 is not supported in Hardware, it will use Software decoding

It’s done that to me before, but I know it was from interrupting the download on a reboot. Recovered on its own.

1 Like

Corrupt download

1 Like

beside the two stutters: hyperion stopped updating the LEDs. its like a freeze of LEDs. after switching channel or skip (timeshift) the LEDs start to work again. maybe it is solved when you solve the already known bugs of new kernel. i just want to mention it.

I doubt it.

This one seems to have done it for me, bonus for the end of the BH weekend - gonna give it a blast with a movie before back to work tomorrow!!

Really appreciate all the hard work :slight_smile:

Spoke a bit too soon but almost there haha

Only issue I am getting is in a 2160p vp9 from the YouTube add-on, showing the same garbled screen as previously but everything else is fine.

It is the 4k Digital Foundary vid for A Plagues Tale uploaded yday.

Yes, that I do know. I did check the CPU usage levels while playing the video and none of the cores were near 100%. It was more like all of them below 50% whenever I checked the dialog.

I’ve observed similar behaviour but I also experienced it with a different wlan adapter, I’m not sure if its a driver issue or something else at this point.

HI, I have problems with a mini keyboard via USB, if I have plugged in another USB stick then the keyboard is constantly reconnecting. Kidnend usb problems or can it have to do with the remote control config? Which I would personally rule out

… in oder to avoid such problems, I connected a self-powered USB hub to the Micro-USB OTG port at the back. The front USB 3.0 ports seem to cause problems when connecting more than one device (expecially with 2,4Ghz devices).

Hopefully this issue can be fixed in the future.

Maybe the new kernel will fix this. I fixed the suspend crash today. So we can switch soon.

1 Like