Problems with Movies and TV Shows

Yeah, I downloaded dev repository, unzipped and see an addon.xml file. What do I do with it? Just use import command? Will Kodi put it where it needs to go?
Thread says “After the repo is installed, Artwork Beef can be installed from “Program add-ons”.” I presume that’s in Video add ons?

I just updated my previous post. Let me know how you get on. Don’t unzip the file.

https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_add-ons_from_zip_files

settings.zip (1.1 KB)

I’ve zipped up my addon settings for “Artwork Beef” addon. If you unzip it and place the “settings.xml” file in following folder (my Kodi is on Windoze). You can use this as a starting point for changing your settings later. Once you add the file, exit Kodi and then re-visit to see if they look ok.

From Kodi, “Settings”, “Addons”, “My addons”, “Program addons”, then choose “Artwork Beef” and “configure”.

C:\Users\mark_\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\script.artwork.beef\

Unzipped, added, shows up in Program Add ons with Artwork Organizer,
but now I’m turned around in Kodi labyrinth again.
What do you do with addon?
I figured it out with AO, but that was tons of info back and don’t remember.

We’ll get there :grinning: read my previous post - just updated it.

The setup for AB should be straightforward - a lot of the options can be left alone, but mainly pick the type of artwork you want. I think the web page I linked you to for rectors homepage gives a good guide.

Added (On Mac it’s - user/Library/Application Support/Kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.artwork.beef/)

Quit and reopened Kodi. How do I run add on?
When I click on Artwork Beef in addons nothing happens with it or with Artwork Organzer.

Never mind, it wasn’t selected. Getting it…

Once set up, you can “run” (next to “configure”). Choose “add missing artwork for…” and then choose “all videos (new and old)” to redo everything. It produces a report showing what it did (available from addon settings).

Doing it now.

Taking awhile. In Kodi forum thread -
" When don’t you need Artwork Beef …
Option 1 is using media managers to populate artwork…
If that was done, would Kodi then not be dependent on internet connection for anything (except displaying time)?

You can also right click on movie, tv show, episode etc and choose “manage”, there will then be another menu with “AB:select artwork” and “AB:add missing artwork”. The first one lets you choose what to add, the second is automatic.

Does it add the art files to my movie folders?

Once your artwork is exported to your hdd, you would only need internet connection to get new artwork or update existing. You should notice after export a lot of extra files popping up on the hdd - these can be copied to another kodi platform (like N2 CoreELEC) and you can scan on that platform without internet and it will pick up these local files and build the artwork database inside kodi.

You can happily run kodi without internet, if you are playing local media (that is what I do with a ton of files)!

Not all. I don’t think it adds the default artwork - poster and fanart. Still do the “export” from within Kodi. The export also writes .nfo files to hdd. All the extra stuff it adds automatically like clearart, clearlogo etc).

Library export?

Should it be taking this long? I have just over 700 titles. Hope it’s not hung up.

yep. “Settings”, “Media” “Library”, “Export Library”, then choose “separate” and rest should be straightforward.

Is it showing a status message at top of kodi homepage?