Problems with Movies and TV Shows

No, just spinning blue wheels center page.

Stop current process is greyed out and doesn’t work.

It can take a while the first time. There is a setting in the addon setup for AB where you can display progress - make sure that is ticked - something like “full progress bar” under “Advanced” section.

If it runs for more than 1 hour - kill it - and try again - it wont cause any damage.

You should see a progress bar at top right of kodi screen and see each movie, tv show as it is being processed flash by.

Maybe try just updating 1 movie using the “right click” on the movie and click “manage” from kodi. Then choose “AB:select artwork” and see how that goes.

Ran Fountainhead and got scan message AB - No artwork added.
I clicked on message that allowed Kodi to run program without help from AB or something like that. Was that OK?

Sounds like it may be a naming thing. Is that film in a folder etc. You said that there were VOB and TS files etc. Do you have other movies with that naming convention that can get the artwork?

All my files are either .mkv or .mp4

Can you list exact name of folder and any top level folders and names of all the fountainhead entries. I can try it here - it may be something with TS and VOB files.

Either way, Artwork Beef is a really good addon.

You can also create your own artwork on your hdd - just make sure the names of the files are setup correctly. Once created, re-scan will pick up local files first. This would be a last resort but it works.

I’ve downloaded images from the internet to create my own posters, fanart etc, for old films or films with a very poor choice of artwork.

Fountainhead (1949)
AUDIO_TS - is empty
info.json
movie.nfo - file created from sample with link to IMDB
VIDEO_TS
VIDEO_TS.BUP
VIDEO_TS.IFO
VIDEO_TS.nfo
VTS_01_0.BUP
VTS_01_0.IFO
VTS_01_1.VOB
VTS_02_1.VOB
VTS_03_1.VOB
VTS_04_1.VOB
VTS_05_1.VOB
VTS_06_1.VOB
I added poster.jpg from you image for Fountainhead, rescanned with Universal and with Local only and still nothing.

I can Add Image from context menu, but it only brings up images from TMDB. It’s as if it’s stuck with it since I initially scraped with it.

Maybe I should try deleting a source, then readding now that AB is installed to see if I get better results.

Do you know what settings to change so Kodi doesn’t create any Movie Sets? The context menu for those it auto creates doesn’t have any way to undo them. I can create and undo ones that I manually create so I don’t want it auto creating any.

For sets, go to Settings,Media,Videos, page down “Show movie sets” to off.

I tried your setup and it did find the poster and fanart for fountainhead.

I would try just moving fountainhead folder out to a diff folder not in kodi, then run a “clean library” (command just below “export library”.) That would remove references to non existent files. Then move folder back and try rescan.

Make sure Artwork Beef configuration for movies has all movie set stuff set to off or 0.

? All files are on external HD. Whenever I make changes, I run clean library before rescanning. Is that good? I don’t have to move folder off HD do I?
If I turn off show movie sets then I won’t be able to create any will I? I turned off include sets containing single movie which is mainly what I was after and may be the best I can do.

running clean library is never a bad thing.
Just move the fountainhead folder to a different folder on same HD (hopefully you have folders outside of kodi?)
Correct about movies sets - you can actually delete them from the internal kodi database if you have a free tool called SQL lite or another SQL editor. The kodi db is in the “userdata” folder under “Database” and all tv shows, episodes, movies and sets are in the file MyVideosxxx.db. In there is a table called “sets” and you can just remove all entries from it and save the db.

This is not required though, as turning them off means you’ll never see them.

I’ve been playing with Kodi and all that internal crap for years :joy

I only turned off include sets containing single movie which helped, but Kodi took a movie from a set I created and created a set with it and a another movie not in a set!!! There is something glytchy about this app.

I have both of those movie set settings turned off - never used them.

Yes, I understand - move problem movie folder out of Movie folder which I’ve added as source to Kodi. Then clean library, add movie folder back and rescan. Right?
So you have no sets whatsoever? or you create them by editing the .db file?

Yes - that’s correct.

No sets, but a few years ago I played with those settings and that created about 100 entries in that “sets” file. I only deleted them out of boredom! I rarely edit the .db files and don’t have any movie sets.

Will be away for a while - let me know how you get on.

OK, thanks a bunch. I turned both set settings off, quit Kodi, reopened and there still there.

I’m back, where do you see the movie sets exactly? In the regular movies view? I thought turning those settings off would hide them.

Do you have any set related artwork on your external hdd? I believe the files would contain the word “set” or similar? If so, you can just delete those (make sure they really are set artwork), from your hdd and clean library in kodi. That may remove them.

BTW, you’re not from dallas are you. (name ds_tx?) Just that I worked there for 12 years as a computer programmer, before coming back home to UK.