[S905X3] X96Air_P2/P3 4/32GB 1Gbit Lan (How to config)

OK, but it does not say that it’s a P2 model, so how do I know that it really is ?

Nobody knows.
Cheaper box, different hardware, several manufacturers. It’s a Lottery.
Why You don’t ask the seller before buy?

Don’t trust any of them any more, since they try to cheat too often…

Micro-SD actually feels much snappier. It took forever to resize the flash drive partition too in CoreELEC. I’ll stick with what I was using before.

Bluetooth works great on my box too, 4/64GB 1Gbe version.

Just to add - for those following the guide - the recovery switch is in the middle of the AV jack. I used a partially unrolled paper clip to press it (though I guess a plastic toothpick may be a better choice). I’m booting from a 64GB Samsung Evo+ MicroSD card (brand new) at the moment - though I may give the eMMC a try if I am happy with the box within the Amazon return window.

Remote and VFD both working as per instructions (I used the Keyboard rather than Remote config for the IR to enable Long Press - but will probably switch to an RF remote like an A2 Lite for day-to-day use)

I have an X95 Air 4GB 64GB Gigabit networking bought from Amazon.co.uk for around £40. In Android it reported itself as a P2 model.

I’ve got an N2 - but the relatively regular video drop outs are getting annoying - and I wanted something neater and in a case. Be interesting to compare perceived speed of navigation (IR isn’t great on either in responsiveness terms anyway) and temperatures. The N2 has one hell of a heatsink…

Mine still isn’t :expressionless:
And I have, at least on paper, the same 4/64GB 1Gbe P2 version. Probably with another wireless chip?

In my opinion, the old “remote.conf” method worked more responsive than the new “rc_maps.cfg” method. Until some versions ago, you could use both (one at the time of course), and tested both with the same remote/player and via “remote.conf” it was way more responsive. I tried with some ir-keytable and ir-ctl combinations, but never could get the same responsiveness, unfortunately.

Do you really knows its P2 version? (Go to Android system and check system info)
If it is an P2 version and BT don’t work, yes, probably other hardware.

For me SD works faster than USB stick 3.0
I’m using SanDisk 16GB Extreme Pro microSDHC UHS-I ( data transfer to 95 MB / s)
SanDisk Extreme Pro 16GB

Anybody knows what speed can work the slot of microsd in our X96Air?

I tested NEC remotes quite time ago with both methods and must admit I didnt notice difference in responsivness…

amremote feels so much better here. Maybe it was the config but I couldn’t sort it. S912 and S905X3, both devices feel much better with amremote compared with meson-ir

1 Like

Hi.

Sorry, but how can I use it with amremote, as you recommend? I get lost with so many ways to configure the remote control.

For example, I installed it in remote mode (with the remote.xml) and, when I leave the down arrow pushed to go fast down the movie list, it gets crazy, sounding without control, as if the effect was delayed and compressed. Strange.

Thanks!

First remove any config placed in .config/rc_keymaps, and .config. Place remote.conf in .config
I use this one: https://github.com/OpenVisionE2/amremote/blob/master/x96.conf

Maybe @Rootz can add this to the OP as an optional remote config.

1 Like

Sorry but i don’t understand the difference?
Can you explain

Have you tried it? It’s much more responsive for me.

@Rootz in regard to advancedsettings.xml:

Are this tags better if their are inside the “” section like this:
< network >
< curlclienttimeout>10
< curllowspeedtime>20
< network >

Also is there a option for streams like iptv for you to tell that you want a buffer in x milisecons or seconds? I would like to make iptv simple client to have a buffer(delay) of x seconds this ways it will fill the cache. As a result the stream do not stutter as long as the buffer has data and do not empty and it keep filling.

The tags are fine as is.

memorysize>524288000</memorysize
524288000 = using 500mb of the memory for cache

buffermode>1</buffermode
1 = Buffer all filesystems, both internet and local

readfactor>5</readfactor
5 = is more than enough.

Increase the fill-rate of the cache

By default (value: 4) , Kodi will only fill the cache a little above what is needed to play it back. It does this as to not max out your network and possibly max out some hardware. For most users and hardware, this setting shouldn’t cause any issues, but be aware of it if you have unusual CPU spikes in your HTPC.

The value of this setting is a multiplier of the default limit. If Kodi is loading a typical bluray raw file at 36 Mbit/s, then a value of 2 will need at least 72 Mbit/s of network bandwidth. However, unlike with the RAM setting, you can safely increase this value however high you want, and Kodi won’t crash. Just know that it might cause Kodi to attempt to use all available bandwidth on your HTPC during playback.

Read this article: https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Modify_the_video_cache

<buffermode>1</buffermode>
	<memorysize>1409572800</memorysize>
	<readfactor>20</readfactor>	

…in all my 922, 905X2 and 912 boxes. (3 or 4GB built Ram)
Thats fill the kodi cache super quick. No problem with that at all…

Just see the 4 Example 4 in your link.
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Your remote it’s the same of the photo?