[S905X3] X96Air_P3

That standby temp is most definately different. Even after watching a video for two hours, mine quickly drops below 50C within minutes.

I agree that browsing a (big) library is more intense than the actual playback. I think that was the only time I could push the box towards 70C. But that was a forced behavior and not how I would actually use the box

Coming from a S905X, the gui performance of the x96 air is a pleasent surprise for me. Most definately noticable. I made the switch for better subtitle rendering but the gui speed is now a nice extra.

I will keep in an eye for any performance drops in the gui but my guess is that I would either not push it towards throttling or wouldn‘t notice.

Reading some of your other posts, is the gui performance of the x96 air non-throttling really comparable to the N2? Because the only reason I would have bought the N2 would be for absolutely ace gui performance, like I have on my nvidia shield (which unfortunately sucks in so many other regards).

I really can see no difference between the N2 and the X96Air when running CE, but I do run my X96Air with Performance Governor. Maybe there is a slight bit but I cannot notice it.

If there was a noticable difference I would run the N2 on my main living room system. I don’t because I use a Khadas toneboard for the audio and this is a better match to the X96Air.

Shoog

1 Like

Hi, I have such a problem that I can turn on the gigabit LAN only with the command “ethtool -s eth0 speed 1000 duplex full”, by default, after turning on, I only have 100 Mbps. Installed the latest stable release and sm1_s905x3_4g_1gbit.dtb. What could be the problem?

post the output of ethtool eth0 to see the capabilities and auto-negotiation between box & router.

Settings for eth0:
Supported ports: [ TP MII ]
Supported link modes: 10baseT/Half 10baseT/Full
100baseT/Half 100baseT/Full
1000baseT/Full
Supported pause frame use: No
Supports auto-negotiation: Yes
Supported FEC modes: Not reported
Advertised link modes: 1000baseT/Full
Advertised pause frame use: No
Advertised auto-negotiation: Yes
Advertised FEC modes: Not reported
Link partner advertised link modes: 10baseT/Half 10baseT/Full
1000baseT/Half 1000baseT/Full
Link partner advertised pause frame use: No
Link partner advertised auto-negotiation: Yes
Link partner advertised FEC modes: Not reported
Speed: 1000Mb/s
Duplex: Full
Port: MII
PHYAD: 0
Transceiver: external
Auto-negotiation: on
Supports Wake-on: ug
Wake-on: d
Current message level: 0x0000003f (63)
drv probe link timer ifdown ifup
Link detected: yes

This is output after ethtool -s eth0 speed 1000 duplex full

If i boot to Android i have 1 Gbit

Looks OK for me.
Please post output after CE startup, when Link is only established at 100Mbps.
And post dmesg log

Settings for eth0:
Supported ports: [ TP MII ]
Supported link modes: 10baseT/Half 10baseT/Full
1000baseT/Full
Supported pause frame use: No
Supports auto-negotiation: Yes
Supported FEC modes: Not reported
Advertised link modes: 10baseT/Half 10baseT/Full
1000baseT/Full
Advertised pause frame use: No
Advertised auto-negotiation: Yes
Advertised FEC modes: Not reported
Link partner advertised link modes: 10baseT/Half 10baseT/Full
Link partner advertised pause frame use: No
Link partner advertised auto-negotiation: Yes
Link partner advertised FEC modes: Not reported
Speed: 100Mb/s
Duplex: Full
Port: MII
PHYAD: 0
Transceiver: external
Auto-negotiation: on
Supports Wake-on: ug
Wake-on: d
Current message level: 0x0000003f (63)
drv probe link timer ifdown ifup
Link detected: yes

http://ix.io/2AlI

The problem is not on CE side, it’s on your network:
“Link partner advertised link modes: 10baseT/Half 10baseT/Full
100baseT/Half 100baseT/Full”
It doesn’t offer 1000baseT/Full during auto-negotiation, although it seems to be capable when you force it by command. Check for interface port settings.

Why then, when I turn on the android, I immediately have 1 Gbps? Port is set to 1000.

Maybe Android has a different timing for network startup, or just doesn’t use auto-neg at all, who knows.
You may check if the behaviour of your router changes over time, by dis-/re-connecting the cable & rechecking the announcement.

What happens if you configure the specific port on the router to force Gigabit rather than use auto-negotiation?

As I already wrote, the port is configured for 1 Gbps

You don´t understand.
The port is only advertising 10 and 100 link modes.

You can set Gb speed using autostart.sh
or buy a better switch/router

No, I understand everything. In the router I can configure the Green / Power Mod which corresponds to 100/1000, and all 5 LAN ports are set to 1000. I have a Fritzbox 7590 and this is a top model.

But the kernel should do it.

The kernel ?
You don´t understand, sorry.
I´m out here

I have the Fritzbox 6490 and a X96 Air P3 and I have no problem. All ports set to 1000Mbps (power mode). I used the same latest stable release and same dtb.

Actually I bought the box two times and both have no issue at all with the Fritzbox.

Is a switch between box and router? That might cause issues.

Did you try a different port on the Fritzbox?

Anyway, whatever it is, it has nothing to do with CE.

No, there is no switch.

Well then I am pretty much out of guesses.

Sure you can always try installing CE again, which shouldn‘t be an issue especially if you have a spare micro sd around. But other than that I doubt there is anything within CE that you can do simoly because nobody else seems to have this specific issue.