[S922X] Bee-link GT King

Definately would not hurt… the differences are probably timing / learning related…

Just looked at the UGOOS AM6. It’s ridiculously expensive. It will be the GTK once things work well enough for me.
EDIT: I refreshed the page and the price went down LOL

Then refresh again a couple of times… :slight_smile:

1 Like

I DID ! LOL
No change though…:unamused:

1 Like

Ugoos looks a lot better, though

That’s why it has been on my radar. Let’s hope it will get support one day. I guess that depends on if the team can get their hands on enough samples.

Vim3 looks not bad but putting the ssd socket the way they did is just plain bad engineering… otherwise it don’t look bad but seriously engineering something like ssd that way is a real rookie mistake… Khadas seems to look good but i still think they are to new as a designer to compete with more established players… i will say tho they got some of the best looking cases and heat syncs…

i have a few other khada devices as well and they perform as good as anything else in the same class so from that point they seem ok… the only way i would buy a vim3 is if i had no intention of ever using the ssd slot.

Now I will complain about offtopic (I know I did it too alot).
Stay on GTK Topic

sorry my bad…

UGOO AM6 looks better.

Shoog

Maybe so but the Beelink is actually more functional because the LED’s on the top can be configured to do different things and can change between green and red for different notifications.

Any perceived hostilities are only as a result of the back-and-forth baiting and the rudeness of some peoples posts, this is directly responsible for the harshness of some of our developers posts that you perceive to be abuse, your post is a classic example of this.

I have taken my own time to message you personally in the past and discuss issues with you even when you have been critical towards us on other forums, you never seem happy even when your getting devices for free, quite frankly we are tired of the same old crap from you.

We help people day in/ day out and unfortunately self-entitled people like yourself are what drag us down and make some of our responses bitter.

To all users who live in glass houses and feel offended by any of our posts then I apologise but please note it’s not personal, it’s because of snotty posts from bigots like this.

3 Likes

Status update. Beelink build is coming soon.
There are some weird Ethernet problems but I think some boxes or revisions have hw defects.

Also the Beelink GTK can decode 8K HEVC and VP9 in Hardware. The N2 can’t.

Other than that everything seems to work for now.

4 Likes

Vhoahhhh…

Best regards…

Wow! Good news :smiley:

So, some of the GT King box you have can run gigabit ethernet correctly?

Yes it’s like 60% (6 out of 10 boxes we got) are broken. No idea what is going on. I have contacted Beelink last week but till now no real help. Sounds a bit weird. But if you hit the problem you will be limited to 100M.
Nothing really we can do about it. Although even Android with Ethernet is bad on those.

We were trying to get Wifi to work before releasing a testbuild. And HEVC was broken because it supports 8K :smiley:
But now everything is coming together and I hope some of the conspiracy theories that we hate Beelink users will stop.

You all will have a good experience with your devices. Just consider that you might as well face the ethernet issue (most likely hardware defect).

6 Likes

Worth adding that wifi performance on this box is one of the best I have seen with over 100mbit/s if you have a AC wave2 router.

2 Likes

S922X revB and the A311X/D chips support 8K hw decoding of HEVC, VP9 and AVS.
This means that both the GT-King and the KVIM3 will support 8K decoding.
I don’t know if they actually support HDMI 2.1, so 8K output may not be available on them, but the test videos we tried seem to be working rather well with only 25% CPU load, which is VERY impressive.

On the other hand, the Ethernet issues are discouraging. My unit doesn’t work at 1Gbit neither in CE or Android. Making it quite useless (for me) for high bit-rate video playback.

We still need to fix the DTB, because audio passthrough doesn’t work right now.

I am having issues with getting Wifi/BT to work, but Adam is the one working on this part, so hopefully we’ll have that going very soon.

6 Likes

Devs are doing an amazing work! It will be a great Coreelec experience!

1 Like