[S922X] Bee-link GT King

Yeah but as you can read even at 1080p the playback wont work

Don’t know why this happens to you. Maybe someone with GT King could help…

What is the exact issue?
Sounds like a bad HDMI cable, or an AVR limitation.

The cable is not the issue, on ky geetek hub its working.
The problem is writen obove.

GUI @1080p
2160p@23.98-30Hz won’t play
2160p@50-60Hz plays fine

I don’t understand what “won’t play” means.
The video playback doesn’t start?
You get “no signal”?
What?

The playback is working, wich I can confirm via hyperion. There is no signal.

Its not related to the video, even changing the GUI framerate replicates this behaviour.

No signal means that something can’t handle the bandwidth required at the resolution/refresh rate.
If you connected a different box to the same cable, and it works fine, then it could be a bad HDMI port on you GT-King. But really, in most cases it’s a bad HDMI cable that can’t handle the bandwidth requirements.

How can 2160p@23.38 have a higher bandwidth than 2160p@60 ?
Bad Port on GT King can’t be, its happening on two gt kings.
The display part is tested on 2 different Philips TV’s and one Beamer, all the same behaviour. Beamer and 1 TV with receiver --which shows no input at this res.

At 4K@60Hz CoreELEC defaults to 4:2:0 chroma, which requires less bandwidth.

Maybe your AVR or TV don’t like 4K@24p at 4:4:4 chroma.

FWIW, the HDMI cable provided by bee-link is very often of very low quality (at least on early samples).

Currently I’m using the amazon basic onnes, until now the, gave me the best results.

Whats the default chroma wich is output at 2160 24Hz?
But if you say @60 its limited to 4:2:0 why can I user the 4:2:2 option to gain access to 23,97-30Hz ? Is with this option the output @2160 50-60Hz 4:2:2 forced?

There’s no such thing as 3160, there’s 2160.

At 4K@24-30P CE defaults to 4:4:4
At 4K@50-60P CE defaults to 4:2:0
When you set force 4:2:2, CE will use 4:2:2 for 4K@24-60P.

Why it doesn’t work in your case, I can’t really say. But this has been tested, retested and tested some more for many times, and over a long period of time.
Some AVRs will only work with 4:2:2, some TVs will refuse to work in some other combinations.
But normally, the above 3 combinations works for the large majority of users.

I have good experience with Amazon Basics cables, make sure that you use a good cable between box and AVR, and a good cable between AVR and TV. Also make sure that HDMI 2.0 is enabled on the TV and AVR ports.

Okay then I will shop some cables, yes you are totaly right 2160 ^^ was a busy day :wink:

Do you know if the geetek hub repo tree does something different?

EDIT:
After connecting direct over 15m cable (my highest grade cable) to the beamer 10-bit, YUV444 @ 3840x2160 23,98 is working fine. hope that the new short cables I ordered are the same quality.

Thank you all very much for the help and explanations.

I tried 4 cables right now and none won’t give a signal on my tv at YUV444 @ 3840x2160 23,98. Even this one which should be a HDMI 2.1 cable should be more than capable.
Amazon
I will test this one with AVR and beamer later, since the beamer already gave me a signal at this setting with the long cable.

Any suggestions what could be the problem?

Solved: my TV doesnt want to display this source at HDMI1, on HDMI3 its playing fine :exploding_head::roll_eyes:
Only on the website not in the manual :triumph:
" Display-Resolution

Computer on HDMI1/2
up to 1.920 x 1.080 FHD bei 60 Hz
up to 4K UHD 3.840 x 2.160 bei 30 Hz
Computer on HDMI3/4
up to UHD 3.840 x 2.160 bei 60 Hz
Video on HDMI 1/2
up to 4K UHD 3.840 x 2.160 bei 30 Hz
up to 1.920 x 1.080 FHD bei 60 Hz
Video on HDMI3/4
up to 4K UHD 3.840 x 2.160 bei 60 Hz"

Nice setup Philips -.- 3&4 are sidepanel.

Beelink gt king pro support hs400 emmc speed?

I just test hs400 speed mode it’s working

2 Likes

The confirmation code cannot be read.How did you read?

Change to default skin

1 Like

Anyone know the status of the Beelink GT King? They appear to no longer be available, Beelink doesn’t respond to support/customer requests, and it and the King Pro aren’t listed on amazon any longer.

I already have two of them, and now looking for a third, but I’m concerned about the future of these devices.

Got a recommendation for another S922X device that’s supported by CE?

Odroid N2+