[S922X] Bee-link GT King

Hi guys! :wave: Iā€™m new here so please be gentle :wink:

Iā€™ve bought new version of GT-King - WIFI6, which has Wi-Fi ax. Attached SD Card with Coreelec 9.2.3 was kind of defective (CE freezes upon shutdown/system switch), so Iā€™ve burned new 9.2.4.2 image. After first look it seems ok, but it is lacking of Wi-Fi config. Wired connection works on both systems, but wireless comms works only in Android. Is it a problem of a driver (CE no supporting WIFI6 version - I guess it will be done in next builds) or is it something else?

Another question: is CE equipped with automatic updates or will I have to update it manually when new version is released?

For WIFI6 you need to update to nightly builds.
And also it will be available in the next release.

Yes, new release will be announced on forum first. If all is ok then it will be available for automatic update.

Thank you very much for this fast response! :+1:

Hello!
If this does not belong to this thread, please excuse me and remove it to the right one.

I just got me a new BL GT K with a memory card incuded, with Corelec in.
How do i update the card to the last Corelec ver ? Do i format it, or do i overwrite the latest ver ?

1 Like

I recently got a rev A box. CoreElec is working great apart from the following issue:

• When I switch my TV off, with the tv (panasonic) remote, the beelink box turns off (great!)

• When I turn my TV on, with the tv (panasonic) remote, the beelink box does not turn on

• I am working around this by switching to HDMI2, then switching back to HDMI1 - This seems to trigger the beelink box to turn back on

Any idea how I can fix this, so the beelink box turns on with the tv, via the pansonic tv remote?

I have enabled the ā€˜Inject BL301 Blobā€™ option, and rebooted, however this has not resolved the issue

Thank yo so much! Itā€™s updated to ver 9.2.5.

1. Now, for some days can i use the Androidā€™s Kodi app until i configure/set up the Corelec kodi with my fav addons? I mean, thereā€™s not any contradiction of the two kodis , right ?
  2. Why turning the Beelink box on, the Corelec boots instead of the boxā€™s Android ? How can i make the Ī’eelinkā€™s Android the default boot system when pressing the ā€œonā€ key on the airmouse? I want to have the option to switch to Corelec only from the Androidā€™s power off options.

Android and CoreELEC are 2 separate things and nothing is shared between.

1 Like

Oops, iā€™m sorry , you were so fast! I updated my answer. Please read. :smiley:

1. Yes, you can.
  2. You canā€™t. CE always boots by default, unless you reboot to Android from the CE power menu. You can pull out the SD card, then itā€™ll boot to Android.
1 Like

Well, then how can the CoreELEC read the Androidā€™s Download file ? I want to add addons to the CoreELEC kodi, but the zips i downloaded through the Android browser wonā€™t show up in any file when i go to ā€œInstall from zip fileā€.
Can i download the zips directly from CoreELEC?

You can if you SSH into CE and use shell commands like `wgetā€™. Or just use a computer.

2 Likes

Thank you so much!

1. In the first case, how to do that? I donā€™t want to bother you, so is there an instractions link?
  2. In the second case, you mean to dowload the zip through my pc to usb flash and then insert the stick in the box?

When I boot back into Android the Beelink interface is always displayed at max resolution (4k) and for some reason the TV (LG Oled) blinks a lot (is black most of the time) and I have to fight with the Beelink android to reduce the resolution so that I have a stable image.
ā€œDroid settings > Display > Screen resolutionā€

Problem is it never preserves this setting. When I restart I have to go through this all over again.

I donā€™t have this problem booting with CoreElec and watching 4k movies in CoreElec.

Do you also have this problem? Does your box preserves the screen resolution when booting Android?

When switching between Android and CoreELEC, I did observe this behavior : settings saved in Android related to display would be unset somehow.
As I didnā€™t have any reason to keep Androit, I used ceemmctool to install CoreELEC on the EMMC and get rid off Android. I guess it was one way to solve the issue. Out of curiosity, why do you keep Android for ?

I use Android for better gaming on certain games/emulators, and several of my IPTV apps from local Internet providers work only on Androidā€¦

Hi Iā€™m new.

I canā€™t get this box to work properly. My main issue is the ā€œPlayer->Adjust display refresh rateā€ Will screw up the output.
Only 50,59.94,60Hz its working.
If I only try to output the system res at below 50Hz every output is broken. My devices support the resolutions, the WeTek Hub plays fine.
Tested on 2 TVā€™s one with receiver inbetween.

If I try to change to 4:2:2 the behaviour changes. My res over 30Hz wonā€™t play at all and 2160p@24Hz plays fine.

I got some similar issues with my Wetek Hub, this was fixed in some release.

Regards
Kevin

Normaly ā€œAdjust display refresh rateā€ is set to ā€œOn start/stopā€. How do you set this?
More info here: https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Player/Videos

Its setup on Start/Stop.

I can simply trigger this issue by changing refreshrate via GUI settings.

GUI@2160p
no 4:2:2 only 2160p@50-60Hz working
with 4:2:2 only 2160p@23,98~30Hz working.

Same with GUI @1080p with tested playback.
@1080p the GUI refreshrate works the whole spectrum.

no 4:2:2 only 2160p@50-60Hz Playback working
with 4:2:2 only 2160p@23,98~30Hz Playback working.

For Kodi 18x it is strongly recommended to keep GUI resolution to 1080-50/60Hz. You found out the main reason for that :wink: