[S922X] Bee-link GT King

That looks like a good start, thanks. But these all appear to be single board computers, not actual Android devices. Do you have any suggestions for a vendor?

It also looks like many of these SBCs are out of stock. Perhaps there’s an overall supply problem in the industry?

Your question wa about a well supported CE device.
N2+ is very well supported by CE, Linux and Android.
In my Opinion there is no reason to buy one of the china boxes.

I’m sorry, I’m still a little confused.

I searched for “odroid n2+” and it only results in SBCs, not an actual device with a case and a remote and an HDMI cable, etc.

Who sells these odroid devices?

They are in the process of switching to the “Beelink GT-King WIFI 6” which is pretty much the same as the original Beelink GT-King except that it now includes a WiFi 6 chip. So the appearance of not currently available / out of stock in some stores may be related to this change. Devices are being produced, so be patient, maybe take a look around to see if it is under a new listing.

1 Like

They still sell gt king pro 4/64gb @banggood £120 shipped

Can the S922x handle the AV1 codec?

It has no hardware decoding for AV1, however it’s a fast enough device that it can easily software decode 1080p AV1 files.

1 Like

Hi all,

I have CE running as main system on my GT King emmc dual boot. It works very nicely.

From time to time I see a firmware update in Beelink site. Is it recommended to do the Beelink updates though I am never using the Android system?

https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/never_change_a_running_system

1 Like

Help me. My beelink gt king has big red screen when boot Then the screen crashes and cannot enter CE. This happened when I installed ce matrix and before that I did not suffer in ce leia

Please be sure the TV is powered before the CE device. Also do a clean fresh install.

And again, no log, no problems…

1 Like

thanks portish so much i will try clean fresh install with other sd card and make sure to turn on the tv before turning on my beelink gt king :grinning: :+1:

after clean install I keep the TV on and try to turn off my ce and turn it on but when I turn it on I still have a big red screen hanging up, I can only boot into ce then if I ssh come to my beelink gt king with reboot command and the functions on the controller at that time are not effective. I have this problem every time I boot ce, but if I am using it I can shutdown or restart completely normally …
this problem does not happen on ce leia only appears from the matrix

which exact gt-king is it (and which rev) and which dtb do you use?

My beelink gt king is rev b …i used dtb g12b_s922x_beelink_gt_king
ce matrix does not have version a for gt king, only one dtb version. and I have chosen the correct version of myself like ce leia

Please SSH into the device when it shows red screen:

dmesg | paste
ce-debug

Please show us debug logs.
If you don’t have internet record your SSH output and use these commands:

dmesg
ce-debug -l
1 Like

I asked because my gt king matrix works. So some aspects may differ for you and me.
Like: it seems I have rev a …
CoreGT:~ # dmesg | grep g12b_s922x
[ 0.000000@0] CoreELEC dt-id: g12b_s922x_beelink_gt_king_rev_a
Also, I upgraded leia to matrix via tar in ~/.update (i.e: not a clean install).
And, I run CE from eMMC.
It would be nice if anyone else with rev b can comment and compare.

1 Like

for BEELINK GT KING PRO

it is difficult to use the device with 2 systems , it boots directly to coreelec , then if you need to boot to android you have to
pick to boot from android and restart the device

is there any way to have a sort of boot screen that gives you a choice if you want to boot from SD card or from EMMC ?
with a timer if the user did not pick a booting method ( let say one minute ) it boots directly to the SD by default
something like what we used to do before with computers if you have 2 installed versions of of windows

any ideas ??

No.

Priority:
uSD
USB
eMMC

1 Like

I have ssh into my device when it shows red screen …and this is my debug log
dmesg:
http://ix.io/2VY5
and ce-log:
http://ix.io/2VY7