Singleboot EMMC CE Matrix on Mecool KI Pro

Due to an old android version (7.1.2) you can’t install CE Matrix on the emmc of the Mecool KI Pro in singleboot mode. But there’s a trick. There’s an unfinished version of Android 9 that you can use. Install this version first using the Amlogic usb tool and then install CE Matrix on the emmc with the ceemmc tool (use ceemmc -x). The singleboot option is available and no message “No DT partition was found”. You can find the android version here: [770.23 MB file on MEGA]
This did the trick for me and it works 100% including DVB.

The link is not working for me

New link: https://mega.nz/file/6rpUTAjB#_BAbfFGWcweSv84HNUujqDSupreLGAKfKpiYDYRRUSs

1 Like

How to flash this?

I tried SD card burn, it started upgrading, but all I get is android icon with an X and the device no longer boots…

I have this device. I solved this by combining SD card boot and moving of /storage partition to EMMC (data partition of android). While part of boot process is still slower, running of Kodi is WAY FASTER.

I used this howto:
[removed: no support of this method]

Use the USB Burning tool to flash the Android image, not SD Card. It’s an unfinished version and maybe it will not boot (i didn’t try), but leave it that way and boot CE from SD Card and install to emmc. If you want Android for daily use don’t install this image !

Brilliant!!!
I was looking for a long time a way to upgrade my Ki-Pro to matrix (without booting from the SD card).
Burning this image simply creates the missing dtb partition, and then the ceemmc tool works fine (with the -x parameter).

Thanks for this…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

In this thread the user Meharis posted a link to a special Android 9 version which allows to install ce Matrix to emmc in single boot mode.

Can anyone re-up this version or tell where to find it?

Thanks

2 Likes

Maybe @Meharis can provide a new link.

Someone here, who can provide this unfinished Android 9 version, so I can install CE to EMMC in single boot mode? :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Asxetos do you still have the android 9 version for the mecool ki pro ?

Is this about this board?

Some time ago I built an ATV12 for ddr3/ddr4 p230 devices, but didn’t test it. CE should work with it. HQ photos of the RAM chips would help…