(SOLVED) Netflix Frame Skip Temporary Solution

If NF addon is working OK don’t do any updates. Update only when the addon stops working.
Inputstream.helper checks from time to time your widevine verrsion and found out that you are running an older version. If it updates to new one your problems with frame skipping will return. Just ignore this info and it will not bother you some time.

thanks.but how i will know if widevine got updared to next version? (future better version)

I’ll let you know :wink:
There is now new version that works better than the old one. Enjoy NF while the old version works; when it stops then it’s time to update.
The old version is 4.10.1303.0 and new one is 4.10.1440.18
You can check here when a newer version appears, so that you can test it.

Edit: “There is now new version…” should be: There is NO new version

Sorry for a fundamental mistake :blush:

thank you!!

Finally there is a new Widevine version that solves frame skipping on high bitrate streams. Just need to update Widevine via inputstream.helper to new libwidevinecdm.so.4.10.1503.4 version and all problems solved.

2 Likes

Are you sure it’s new version? Because i can’t find it here. http://k.mjh.nz/.decryptmodules/widevine/

Yes, I’m sure:

This version is installed by input.stream.helper addon and it’s not published on that site. Use this addon to update Widevine to latest version.

Nice.So there are 2.Inputstream adaptive and inputstream helper.So this second addon,downloads whole new widevine image,or just the .so file which is about 6MB?

Inputstream.helper downloads complete Chrome image, about 3.5GB, then it extracts libwidevinecdm.so, copies it to proper folder and deletes completely downloaded Chrome image…

thanks.So what you suggest me to do?Newbie here.I just remember I had downloaded latest chrome image and then just replaced a small .so about 6MB file with another one (they say is better)

What ? Why did you do that ? Or did you mean something else ?
To make it easier for you, I can upload the newest libwidevinecdm.so version for you. All you have to do is rename present libwidevinecdm.so to libwidevinecdm.so.old (just in case something goes wrong and you have to revert) download new version and copy it to proper folder.

ok mate.please upload new version.And if u can remember me the folders to replace file,I forgot!!

OK, here is 4.10.1503.4 version.

After you download it look at my post for how to proceed…

thanks I done…On 1080p our planet 04:00-06:00 has much lag again…But at least it deserved the try!thanks again!!

Did you reboot ? What version does your inputstream.helper show ?

For me, Our Planet S1 04:00-06:00 works best with this version so far… If it’s not better for you, then you know what to do :wink:

I updated widevine through inputstream.helper and Our Planet is perfect. Finally I don’t have to change widevine to see HBO or Netflix.

yes mate…

Hmm, I just remembered that you don’t have a box capable of running NF 1080p streams, so there is nothing wrong. Everything is OK at your end, just stick to 720p.

yeahh😒 I now try inputstream.helper 0.4.3 and redownload again chrome os recovery image,just in case…!

Hi, I can’t find the repository.
Can giù please give me the link?