SOLVED::: TOX3 video issue Mpeg 2 and VC-1

My stock firmware according to Device Info HW shows Builder: ugoos@UG-PC3. I got mine from Vontar Official Store when it first came out in Oct 2022. Guess I got lucky, newer revisions do not always mean better.

I will need to check if we have a rev.d in our hands. But if not you might need to wait until a kernel rebase solve your issue. Did you try also ce-21?

I think I tried CE-21, but I will do it again with a different microSD card.

VC-1 video files are playing now.

Using this device tree >> sc2_s905x4_4g_1gbit.dtb

This CE-21 nightly build >> CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-20.1-Nexus-Generic.img.gz from April 1, 2023

Donā€™t know if it made a difference. I connected to the bedroom TV (4k, no surround system). It froze up a few times as I added videos from my networked storage devices.

I then brought the box to the Livingroom TV, that has a Yamaha AVR for surround sound. For testing purposes, I only used the TV speakers and turned off the Yamaha AVR. Back to the Future played very well.

Now, I will turn on the audio surround sound system and see what happensā€¦

I am using this microSD card >>
Sandisk Extreme Plus 128GB
Red/Brown
Writing speed: 66.6 MByte/s
Reading speed: 72.5 MByte/s

Thanks getting it to work.

I will update when I test everything.

Donā€™t know how or what, but videos with the VC-1 video codec are working.
Mark this thread SOLVED.

Thanks again.

I did that hoping to VC-1 to work but no difference with other builds, still black and white with stripes. I have it also with a old serie of Columbo ( MPEG4 Video (H264) 720x576 (4:3) 25fps [V: h264 high L3.0, yuv420p, 720x576) and some more low res movies/series. I have also the revision D

clarkss12 which firmware do you have on the box ??
I still have the original firmware on it

To do more testing, I put back the microSD card running 20.1 Nexus and the same problem exist. So, I can confirm, this box runs best on the Omega 21.0

The original firmware should work. For our ā€œDā€ device we have to use the Omega 21.0 versionā€¦ It works great.

https://relkai.coreelec.org/Amlogic-ne/ce-21/CoreELEC-Amlogic-ne.aarch64-21.0-Omega_nightly_20230402-Generic.img.gz

Once you get CE on your box, @Jas88 has created the remote configā€¦ TrustOnX Player (TOX3) S905X4 - ETH not working on NE but working on NG! FIXED - Solution available! - #31 by Jas88

and Display configā€¦ TrustOnX Player (TOX3) S905X4 - ETH not working on NE but working on NG! FIXED - Solution available! - #35 by Jas88

oke i try the Omega version

The remote and Display config had that already working also the Power led

Thanks

I got the Omega version now running on sd, but get a warning ā€œMissing partition super on eMMCā€

No media playback possible!

Never had it with the other versions

1 Like

Reinstall android image back to emmc

1 Like

I also have a ā€œDā€ device
wifi works on version 21.0 NE ?

On 21 NE I can see networks but canā€™t connect. both 2.4 and 5
On 20.1 and 21 NG wifi works great without any problems

I never use WiFi, if you need me to check my box, I can do that for you.

1 Like

Thanks, Iā€™ll keep it in mind
Iā€™ll try again myself later, and then Iā€™ll write in the topic on WiFi problems ( Looking for users with no working WiFi or BT )

I just checked and there are NO WiFi connections listed. It does NOT even see any WiFi networks.

I had to make a new install using a different microSD card, because I turned off the Ethernet connection on my running box. There were no WiFi networks listed, so I disabled the Ethernet connection from the settings screen, instead of removing the ethernet cable. When I did a restart, it stayed on the CE screen forever. So, I had to do another install.
Lesson learned. We always learn from out mistakes.

1 Like
1 Like

Sorry for reopening the topic, but did you find a solution to this problem ā€œMissing partition super on eMMCā€? Or did you find a version of Coreelec that runs VC1 without getting bugs?

Here I can only run the versions below, which cannot play VC1, my tox3 is also s905x4 rev D
CoreELEC-Amlogic-ne.arm-20.2-Nexus-Generic.img.gz
CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-21.0-Omega_beta3-Generic.img.gz

The other versions of CoreElec that contain ā€œaarch64ā€ in the name give the super partition error and it is not even possible to test.

Update with solution.

I have the same issue, 20.2 NE worked w/o issues, now I have the super eMMC, android is running on my TOX3, latest versionā€¦ this might be it for now with the TOX3 :frowning:

Update: Solved check my last posts

1 Like

Are you experiencing subtitle blinking when VC-1 video playing? Subtitles flash. Same problem as the guy below! Iā€™m on the CoreELEC-Amlogic-ne.aarch64-21.0-Omega_rc1 version.

Working with latest NE on my new TOX3 box. :slight_smile:
Had vc1 issues esp on NE. Tried latest NE 21 nighty that came out today (20240404)

1 Like