Subtitle stutter 8.90.3

rb-krypton19

and it’s no matter with whitelist settings。

I guess this only happens on Odroid. I have a chinese s905x box and there is not stutter

But I also noticed on a S905D BOX. It will drop a frame just when subtitle displaying. if you disabled subtitle or no subtitle shows, no stutter.

I fresh new install 8.95.2, playback the sampl file, I uploaded new kodi.log to MegaKodi.log.

The Subtitle stutter issue still present on the last nightbuild.

This issue not happened on all video files but some kind.

So I upload a sample.mkv and here is the logofiles

Developer please take a look and try to fix this.Please,Please ,Thanks a lot.

Look here: Smart Redraw

Smart Redrow does not work, ie it does not eliminate subtitle stutter on my X92_S912 box.

What about dirtyregions then? As far as I know it does work, and gets rid of this issue.

dirtyregions also does not work

Dirty regions work for me, so it’s still my only option on S912, because I have to use subtitles extensively.

1 Like

I have just set Smart Redraw, but stutter still remains. It seems that a little less, but still very noticeable when a subtitle is about to appear or it has just appeared and the scene moves.

I also use subtitles in all videos, since I watch everything in original version.

I have a Vorke z6 (S912) box.

Thsnks

1 Like

Do you have stutter also with dirty regions enabled? That option solves the stutter completely on my S912 box, except on one video, 720p/50Hz coded with h265, where the slight stutte is still (not frequently) noticeable.

Yes,I tried dirty regions and smart redraw, but both not work.

As I said,This issue not happened on all codec video files but some special kind.
Have you playbacked the sample.mkv I uploaded?
on my case, odriod c2 and S905D box with the lastest release version and nightbuild coreelec,the stutter all noticeable. But with Raybuntu’s rb-krypton19 build for odroid c2, no stutter,very smooth.
So, I think maybe Raybuntu can fix this issue.

Yes, I tried it and answered to you on LE forum…

Maybe you didn’t implement the commands properly, or your C2 does not like disabling dirty regions…

I typed these code in advancedsettings.xml

<gui>
<smartredraw>true</smartredraw>
<algorithmdirtyregions>0</algorithmdirtyregions>
</gui>

reboot ,no work.
and the CPU’s temperature raise high.

8.95.5 the issue remains.

1 Like

This is my advancedsettings.xml:

<advancedsettings>
  <gui>
    <algorithmdirtyregions>0</algorithmdirtyregions>
    <smartredraw>true</smartredraw>
  </gui>
</advancedsettings>

First line stops stutter on files like this sample
Second line eliminates stutter on files like this sample, which first line does not eliminate.

So I keep both lines and CPU temp does not rise at all.

I tried already, no matter which line first ,all stutter.
Anybody who have odroid c2 Please playback the sample mkv, confirm stuttering or not.
Thank you

I have the same problem, stuttering with subttiles, seems that a frame is lost or doubled when sub appears.

Yes, that’s what I said stutter meanings.