The Future: Odroid N2

@kostaman that is the wrong PSU you have selected, HC2 is an old odroid product, I would get in touch with them quick to change that order.

It should be this PSU https://www.hardkernel.com/shop/12v-2a-power-supply-australia-plug/ for your region. $17 price difference as well.

Yes that should work.

@Comma and @Daaave: The N2 has an onboard RTC:

RTC
ODROID-N2 has an on-board RTC component, NXP PCF8563, interfaced to the I2C bus and can use a backup battery as an alternative power source while the main power source is absent. Since the actually measured power consumption is less than 1uA, the RTC can run for over 10 years with a CR2032 backup battery. Also, this will let your ODROID-N2 wake up at a certain time once you set an alarm time and shutdown it.

When you add a backup battery it will even be reliable. Uboot already supports wakeup from suspend or poweroff through RTC. Following wiki is for Odroid XU4 but I guess it could work on N2 too:
https://wiki.odroid.com/odroid-xu4/application_note/rtc_wakeup#setup_wakealarm

And yes this is nice for liveTV recordings. I think even VDR or TVH supports setting up RTC wakup timers.

1 Like

@gregeeh Iā€™m talking shit. Check with Jiffy about the PSU.
Cheers @anon88919003 I ordered from HK with correct PSU
Jiffy did not have pre orders when i ordered.:wink:

N2 is powered in 9v or 12v?

It is 12V.

So yesterday we noticed that our builds had HDR on all the time (GUI etc.). AMLogic enables SDR to HDR conversion by default if the TV supports HDR. I personally donā€™t like it so we changed it to off.
Iā€™m putting this info up here in case someone is looking for this setting.

echo 0 >/sys/module/am_vecm/parameters/sdr_mode

0: SDR to HDR disabled
1: SDR to HDR enabled
2: SDR to HDR auto (when TV supports it)

There is also a HDR to SDR mode which is automatically applied when the TV doesnā€™t support HDR but the content is HDR.
/sys/module/am_vecm/parameters/hdr_mode
/* 0: hdr->hdr, 1:hdr->sdr, 2:auto */

1 Like

I have a Wetek Play and a Wetek Play2 both have the DVB-S2 modules installed. How could I go about checking the compatibility of these DVB-S2 modules with the N2 as I have yet to find a schematic for either?

You mean the onboard tuner? I donā€™t think this will work.

Iā€™ve been looking at the RTC backup battery and saw this picā€¦

Is this just some sort of electrical tape round the battery? Is this likely to be supplied with the battery?

(Sorry, utterly clueless about these things)

Thanks for your help

Looks like it. It should even work without a battery. Is that your N2?

No not mine, just getting round to ordering everything I need.

Itā€™s from this pageā€¦

https://wiki.odroid.com/odroid-n2/application_note/rtc_wakeup_time

which says " ODROID-N2 can wake up from the shutdown state as RTC triggers the signal at the time set before entering the shutdown state. RTC backup battery must be connected"

Then you need this:
https://www.hardkernel.com/shop/rtc-backup-battery/
I can try later today without the battery cause I donā€™t have it.

Thanks for your quick replies to everything. Do you ever go to sleep? :grinning:

Iā€™m just a Bot. AI to be more accurate.

1 Like

What Iā€™m thinking about is removing the tuner module which basically just plugs into the board and checking for compatibility with the N2.

This will not work because the wetek driver (the opensource one) was written by @afl1 and we donā€™t have this in 4.9 kernel afaik. And afaik there is no plan porting it yet.

Since that is not a USB tuner it needs to have the correct pins available on the GPIO and I think one of the necessary pins is missing. Its not going to work even if the driver were ported.
If you want to use the WETEK tuners why not just run it as a headless TVHeadend server for the N2, run LE/CE as your WETEK OS but disable Kodi from starting at boot.

Shoog

wonā€™t work, already answered here

That looks like a heatshrink around the battery, but I guess electrical tape would work fine too.

1 Like