The Future: Odroid N2

It has to support HDMI 2.0 in order to also be able to passthrough HDR.

The Extractor you linked does not support 4K@60

This one works great: Link

Maybe this would work It would give you both phono and optical jacks. You would need a few Dupont connectors like these and a few mins with the soldering iron.

Strike that on that jack you would only be able to use the Toslink connector the phono connector uses tho different pins strangely the toslink only version is 50p more.

Yea mine did and supported CEC as well I just canā€™t find the link I bought it from.

That looks interesting, and checking the graphs it looks like itā€™s just three connections to ports 5, 6 and 7 in the GPIOā€¦

Thanks!

Edit: I am still angry that they say ā€œoptical output optionalā€ and thereā€™s actually nothing about it in their page.

Would it have hurt to add the extra 1 square CM of PCB to be able to fit this, then if you wanted you could have just bought the jack and soldered it. Maybe Rev 2 board but then they would need to alter the case too.

Most people will never use Toslink - why should they pay for the few that will when its a simple matter to add a Toslink for those who need it.

Shoog

Once I get some time to extract a toslink connector from something in my junk bin, I will post some photos on how to attach the toslink connector to the gpio pins on the n2. Itā€™s actually rather easy to do, and most could probably figure it out with by adapting the guide for the c2 to the n2. Itā€™s the same hardware, you just attach it to a different pin on the n2.

My N2 is arriving today, but I forgot to include the bluetooth adapter in my order. Will any CSR8510 work with CE?

Yeah should work.

@farhanito i bought this one from amazon, works a treat with my odroid n2 and its nice and cheap:-

Forgive my ignorance (first ARM proc device) but is it possible to run RetroArch on the odroid n2?, im assuming the answer is yes as i see there are android arm64-v8 builds available (apk) and thus possible right?. If so has anybody got any links i can take a look at to get this running, ideally with some Kodi integration so i can start RetroArch from the Kodi UI.

Not quite yet, but there are a few projects underway so it shouldnā€™t be too long.

1 Like

Hi, does auto frame switch works?

I meant auto framerate switch.

Yes it is working!

2 Likes

someone has already used a HDD as a NAS on N2?
I am interested in the transfer rate from N2 hdd to PC and Back over LAN Cable

Currently I use my hdd on a wireless router(WR1043ND V2) and i have a 4-5 Mb/s transfer rate (from router to PC)

Dunno about NAS but I can easily transfer files by scp to and back at 80MB/s. It is better than on the C2. I will have to test USB3

2 Likes

I use the toslink out in my TV. Or maybe Iā€™m missing your point.

Does this new Amlogic S922X SoC of the Odroid N2 still have the famous problem of double contour in the HEVC videos (x265 and h265)?

For example, here the problem is discussed for those who do not know it:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=321461&pid=2646741#pid2646741

1 Like