The Future: Odroid N2

Just spreading the joy … and expanding the options.

Shoog

1 Like

after reading the specs of this Atomic Pi, I’m finding it hard to find in this alternative future which departments it betters the N2 in.

Price, 16GB onboard flash ?

If you’re looking for a cheap, FHD capable LE/CE system, then it will work well for you (remember that you also need a 5v/4A power supply for it), but I’ve heard about issues with audio passthrough with Intel in LE (not sure if they apply to this platform or not). In any case, this is way out of scope for this thread.

Not interested in another Pi, just mentioning where it betters.

Hi, i have a emmc plus writing key for the N2 and want to flash CE on it, can i do it just like a micro sd? with rufus or etcher?
Just for clarification, dont wanna destroy it…

You should have a msd to emmc adapter so you can use this to flash the emmc like an micro SD card

1 Like

Yes. As long as you can see it in the OS which is possible only if you have the microsd to emmc adapter.

Microsd to emmc is not the only option. There is an USB emmc writer too.

1 Like

The USB 3 emmc writer is substantially faster than either the SD card emulation or the USB 2 version and works fine with Etcher to flash the available N2 images.

Infected by all the fuzz about this gadget,
I’ve also ordered it.
However,
I’m still confused about one thing: remote control.
Because I want this N2 to replace my S912 H96 Pro+…
So,
can I use some of the old IR RC and “pair” them with the N2? Copy the meson config files with all correct keymappings to freq?

1 Like

I have an X92_s912 box with its original remote control. After transfering my settings (restored X92 backup) to N2 that remote works the same as with the X92 box except for power button.

Good, good, good.
But what about the power button now… ? :slight_smile:

You can set remote wake-up in config.ini

Actually,
that’s the only thing I am (shall be) using the IR RC - power on/off.
Everything else - via HDMI CEC.
Someone foreseeing any obstacles about this?

Thank you for your prompt replies, guys! :beers:

@Sholander, for X92 remote you can use this values in config.ini

@ChimeyJimmey if your using HDMI-CEC the N2 will go in and out of standby in tandem with your TV when you turn it off and on.

Because the N2 is a developer board we have been able to address all of the bootloader related issues that exist with the Chinese devices.

I hope that it’ll work via the AV receiver.

Cheers! :beers:

There are still some bugs for the wakeful exit. It works once in 3, it’s random. We have to get up to unplug and reconnect N2 to start it. I did not have this problem on my PS4, Denon 4200 amp, etc. I bought an eMMC to see if the problem is still present. I’ll let you know at the reception.

Hi, after a power los , the unit comes on… same as unplug and reconnect…
Is there a way to prevent this or is this an option https://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=180&t=33981