TVheadend choppy

No, I mean some sample on that we could try to repeat issue.

Can you enable recordings in tvh server webui? It’s under configuration and then recording. You can set a location in storage and then get the recording and upload here or link it. Please say if you have some problems achieving this.

i think he can just hit record button within OSD on CE when watching channel… easiest way, but recording path needs to be defined (not sure about default values, 30s sample shouldnt be problem even for USB sticks I guess).

Yes, if it’s configured but as he asked how to record I assumed it wasn’t prepared to do so.

Here are the samples: Record.TS and offscreen.mp4 from the screen
https://mega.nz/file/SFEmDYgC#v29XSDbmKegrxLvgfNp7HCxYdgJ3FFIXk3P7gF586B8

• records plays good
  • this coincides with having a proper playback on other devices!
  • No harware accelleration (see offscree), though configured in settings!
  • the TVH Client is increasing its CPU usage until all cpus are 99% and stalls (happens in offscreen_video at the end)
    No network issues or else are the cause ! ( I am an infrastructure architect for networks, trust me I’m an engineer! :smiley: ) And as said: CE 9.0.x to 9.1.2 latest work flawlessly!

Yep, your video plays fine…
But on your original stream I see 10bit output and SW decoding…
In that case may be some settings on your box…
Please collect logs from this box after playing this choppy tv channel

HI. Started the box and straight went to the same channel as yesterday - stopped video after around 10 seconds :: http://ix.io/2m1d

And to add: This is from my freshly installed Khadas Vim 3L (s905d3) // absolutely the same happens on my X96 Max+ (s905x3)

Just to clarify 1 step… Did you make some backup restore on this boxes?

Can u please download 9.2.2 again and update the system? Even better update to last nightly. It’s like 9.2.2 with some hot fixes.

yes - this was restored from my 9.1.2_final backup.
(because It is a sore, to install and confire THV_server again

and the TVH_server runs fine !! just the client is “broken” since not using HW decoding --> also did an uninstall of THV-Cleint - reboot an a clean install of TVH-Client :: no change

will do the same with latest 9.2.2 nightly (though I don’t want to have the “new update available” messages each day :: I want a static config on each major release.

Since 9.1.2_final does neither support s905x3 nor s905d3 I updated to 9.2.2 because latest 9.1.2_nightly. always brings up this message. :frowning: :stuck_out_tongue:

2020-05-14 20:18:26.755 T:4062105616 ERROR: AML: no rw on /dev/video1

2020-05-14 20:19:22.273 T:3923743616 ERROR: AML: no proper permission, please contact the device vendor. Skipping codec...

Do you have some grabber device on this box?
I see Hyperion.NG addon.
Try to disconnect it or and disable Hyperion.NG addon and check.

1 Like

Try fresh/clean install without the restored backup. Something in the backup “kill” your system.

@boot2k3: THIS WAS IT !!! you identified the trouble-maker!
Hd & 4K Tv tested flawlessly again

here’s the new Log: http://ix.io/m28i. (didn’t thought it was that easy :wink: )

SO - WHAT NOW ? how can we hand over this to team hyperion ? :speech_balloon:

I think you need to try to configure this addon from scratch first. And check Hyperion topic on forum, may be some solution available there

1 Like

Hyperion is configured from scratch,
Just Com-port + baud-rate, number of LEDs. and off I go…

So, the conflict seems to be in the grabbing?! – how long will my Error-Logs. reside under the URLs ?

can you help me, where to post this issue so it can be worked on, please ?
(this forum, or maybe hyperion-forum?)

Thanks in advance

May be @Portisch could answer

Install last nightly and configure everything from scratch. Do NOT restore a backup.
Something have to break you system as you are the first and only one having such troubles.

Hi guys; it’s me again :wink:

FOUND the issue-maker: as soon as an EXTERNAL USB-GRABBER is activated in Hyperion.NG, the stutering / choppiness starts. deactivating the external grabber instantly fixes the TV-channels not being decoded in hardware!

Now - to the solution ? :frowning: