TVHEADEND - E2 type DVB-T & DVB-C bouquet entries fail to automap but DVB-S entries are mapped ok

I am beginning to think no one is using CE to watch terrestrial tv. :frowning:

I opened a thread on LE also, but have not had any better luck there.

Bug #5387 on tvheadend does not even have anyone assigned to it, so I guess it is not getting any attention there either.
This link was given for the relevant code

Maybe whoever builds tvheadend for CE could have a look to see why DVB-S entries have no problem being automapped but DVB-T entries all fail to automap?

We never patched tvheadend. You have to ask tvheadend team to fix this issue.

Thanks for that info.

There is a bug report open on tvheadend but I was unsure about how this all becomes available in CE.

So no patches applied, but what about the build? For instance, is there maybe some build option that is accidentally omitted when the package is built for ARM/CE?
It does seem strange that this functions as expected in X86_64 builds I have tried, but not in ARM builds. (I have tried LE X86_64 and ARM, and CE ARM)

Anything you can add would be appreciated, thanks.

TVH updates are maintained by CvH from LE. We only merge them from LE.

Thank you.
That clarifies things a lot.

I will continue to raise the matter with CvH.

I think this thread can be closed as it is an upstream matter it seems.

Maybe a mention to upstream devs about the problem would not go astray?

1 Like

LibreELEC developers are not interested in any kind of collaboration unfortunately.

1 Like

The problem was raised in this thread

and essentially abandoned as it was apparently an upstream problem.

Not a lot has happened since, but this post provides some hope that tvheadend devs are willing to look at it.

Maybe if we could get a rebuild of the tvheadend server addon which includes this patch, some useful information might be provided to the devs which could help resolve the problem.

Is this possible?
Does anyone have the time and capability to do this?

I am very willing to test if it can be done.

Thank you.

(the old thread is closed so apologies for starting a new one)

1 Like

Here you are:
service.tvheadend42-9.0.117X.zip

2 Likes

A bug has been found by vpeter in tvh and a patch submitted to tvh to correct this problem.
I have tried a test build including the patch and the DVB-T bouquet worked without problems.

A BIG thank you @vpeter.

Hopefully this will ensure corrected tvh releases in the future.

5 Likes

that would be great!

Many thanks to you and vpeter.

1 Like

Please can anyone reupload? Thanks.

With mentioned patch.
Amlogic: service.tvheadend42-9.2.120.zip
Amlogic-ng: service.tvheadend42-9.2.120-ng.zip

1 Like

thank you so much. Which version for KI Pro?

Amlogic version.

OK but NG or non NG?

Now I have Build: 4.2.7-44 ~ CoreELEC Tvh-addon v9.1.118 (2019-03-02T05:37:40+0000) [Toggle details](javascript:void(0))

My problems is that only some of DVB-S channels from URL (enigma bouquet) are mapped. Not all.

This fix is for DVB-T channels only. I don’t know anything about DVB-S issues.
Addon is only for Amlogic and Amlogic-ng :slight_smile:

http://micik.cz/userbouquet.bef000.tv only some channels from this URL are mapped. Not all. They never gave me answer on TVH forum so I thought this could be a solution :frowning: