9.2.4.2 Discussion

It’s only bugfixes especially for CEC and GUI problems. The only thing to care for is petitboot if you use it.

okay, thanks for that clarification. I don’t use the petitboot (my odroid n2 + is just used for coreelec)

I confirm that green issue resurfaced in my x96 mini S905W 2g 16g box after 9.2.4.2 new installation in sd card.

Post logs please.

dmesg | paste
journalctl | paste
dispinfo

I m beginner, I Dnt know how to record log in Coreelec (kodi)? Kindly guide.

One picture shows a green screen but you already booted into a non green one. What’s the problem?

When I switch on my tv and x96 mini then first screen becomes green then I turn off android tv box and again switch on via remote then display becomes normal. I will post log as soon as possible.

Well we debugged that issue with green display but I guess you have a different problem. Logs help.

http://ix.io/2um5

Your kernel crashes. I think you should continue using 3.14. You GXL box is not 100% compatible with NG(4.9). GXL on 4.9 is still experimental.

Thanks Sir and very best regards for your kind Reply,I m upgrading my android box x905w to S905X3.

Hopefully it will work someday.

I can confirm that the green screen when I power on the box first and then the tv still there too on my nexbox a95x b7n ng builds

Please keep in mind that installing CE-ng on non-ng devices, even though implemented and reported to be working on a many different devices, is still considered an experimental feature and therefore not guaranteed to work “out of the box”.

Despite this, we can’t thank our developers enough for their continued support, dedication and effort to keep on implementing new devices and simultaneously assuring reverse compatibility, while making CE more reliable, more compatible and more stable with each release. It is no small feat to accomplish this, yet, they are doing it.

We also should not forget all the testers, who are volunteering a big chunk of their free time by testing nightly builds, and development releases, while frequently crashing their boxes. Thanks for being there.

And last, but not least, a thank you to our forum members for providing much needed feedback. Without your feedback, no progress would be possible, no bugs would be fixed, no new features implemented.

Let’s all keep up the good work, and remember that without you, your dedication, your feedback and your support, none of this would be possible.

Go Team CoreELEC!

11 Likes

Are you using Artwork Beef to download covers? In any event as I recall in Media settings you can choose the preferred language in the scraper.

Thank you for that answer. I am using the TMDB extension (already installed by default) and I have already set the language settings to FR but nothing to do, only one film remains in English, I do not understand why. I even tried to rename it but same problem…

I’m currently using a S905W box with 9.2.3 and have been following this thread while I wait for my S905X3 box to show up in the mail. I am still confused about one thing though; have the new non-ng builds also moved to the 4.9 kernel?

Thanks

No, the non-ng builds are still at 3.14. But since 9.2.4 the ng builds can be used on some gxl devices (still an experimental feature).

I have a small problem with the TVheadend client on 9.2.4.2
If i change the Programs , i have ca. 1 sec a judder or freeze ,9.2.3 works fine
I test it on a ugoos am6 S922J and a H96 max S905X2
Has anyone the same Problem ?