9.2.4.2 Discussion

Perhaps I accidentally posted the Kodi log file instead of the Kodi crash log.
This looks like the crash log: ix.io/2yjS

For whatever reason I can’t see the /.kodi folder. I’m using Windows 10 file explorer to set to display hidden files. I don’t see /storage either but I’m assuming that is the top level folder I’m in.

Edit: I can see the .kodi folder now. Let me know if I need to post another crash log.
Thanks

Have you tried using a program such as WinSCP that allows you to SSH into your box to see the folders?

Windows 10 file explorer, to the best of my knowledge will not be able to see the .kodi folder.

The kodi crash log cannot be misinterpreted as it has the words crash and log in the file name.

I installed WinSCP and can see the .kodi folder now. However, I think I posted the correct Kodi Crash log in the post above.
Thanks

Just to be sure, I manually cleaned the /storage/.kodi/temp folder and reproduced the error.
Crash log here: ix.io/2ykB
Let me know if I need to do something else.
Thanks

Sorry, no log you uploaded include any Kodi log. Not the standard nor a crash log.
I think you use the wrong option to upload the log in CE settings…

From what I read local caching has problems for a long time. And on Kodi Matrix this feature doesn’t even exist anymore. Maybe because never worked properly?

A picture says more than a thousand words. Good jobs guys, 37 days of System Uptime, not a single crash.

2 Likes

Hi everyone !
I have an issue since 9.2.4 on a Beelink GT1 Ultimate.
My system is the following :

• Samsung Smart TV UE65NU7175 > Arc HDMI connexion to a Denon Avrx 550 BT receiver
    Beelink GT1 Ultimate with Coreelec emmc install pluged on the Denon.

Everything worked great until this update.
I have to keep the Bellink turned on if I want to have sound when I choose TV/Audio on the Denon to watch Netflix or Disney+ on SMART TV.
If I don’t keep it On, I have no sound, and the TV doesn’t recognize the Denon as audio system (such like if hdmi was not sending the signal).
It used to work perfectly before.

Any clue to help me ?

Thanks from France !

TV Box -> AVR -> TV does make problems in 90% of vendor/type.

Connect everything directly to the TV and use ARC to the AVR.
The forum is full of problems when the TV Box (your GT1) is connected to the AVR and not the TV.

Thanks @Portisch for your reply.

But even if I highly understand what you write, I wonder why it happened without any modification made by myself on the box, AVR or TV.

And if I do what you suggest, I will lose the native features of my home theater able to manage 5 units plugged to it.
I do also have connected on it the Internet TV receiver and the game console.
Moreover, I only have 3 HDMI port on the TV.

Would it be the same with Nvidia Shield Pro ?

Anyone else may have the same issue and solved it another way ?

I pair the BT on a sound device.Always i have to pair it manually :cry:

Have a look here, and see if that helps.

Remember to make a backup before making any changes to the OS.

Thanks @Betatester, I’ll take a look.

My issue appears only when Coreelec is turned off, so maybe the option “Keep Audio Device Alive” might help, hoping that when I “turn off” the device it’s not really “off” but some kind of “long and intense sleep mode” !!

I keep searching, and I keep looking for other advice.

Is it normal that CE boot takes almost 80 seconds (being installed to eMMC)?

How long does it take you too boot from poweroff?

Sounds about right to me. I boot from an internal SSD in my box, which does take around this time.

There will be various factors that could affect boot tie from both hardware specs and software configs.

If you write a fresh install to sd card/flash drive, how long does it take then?

80 seconds ? That seems way too high to me.

Here - 2 * OdroidN2 with eMMC - both take about 10 seconds from cold boot to Kodi profile login…

"Is it normal that CE boot takes almost 80 seconds (being installed to eMMC)?

How long does it take you too boot from poweroff?"

My N2 boots from eMMC to Home Screen in 15 seconds. From uSD card it takes 20 seconds…

From eMMC, about 15 seconds on a TX5 (S905X3), and about 20 from MicroSD.

Hey, thanks for posting results! I’ve just checked and I’m able to boot in 24 seconds from uSD. Something is not right with my eMMC installation then. I’d like to investigate further because the box requires couple of tweaks to make it fully working (remote, VFD, wake up) so I’d much rather fix the existing installation than start over.

Edit: Okay I think I found a culprit: iptables.service takes 16 seconds to start on boot

$ systemd-analyze critical-chain
The time when unit became active or started is printed after the "@" character.
The time the unit took to start is printed after the "+" character.

kodi.target @19.801s
└─kodi-aml-hdmimonitor.service @19.799s
  └─kodi.service @19.081s +711ms
    └─smp-affinity.service @18.963s +113ms
      └─graphical.target @18.957s
        └─multi-user.target @18.201s
          └─avahi-daemon.service @18.200s
            └─network.target @18.193s
              └─iptables.service @1.869s +16.247s
                └─basic.target @1.757s
                  └─sockets.target @1.757s
                    └─lircd.socket @1.757s
                      └─sysinit.target @1.755s
                        └─systemd-udevd.service @1.716s +38ms
                          └─add-entropy.service @626ms +259ms
                            └─systemd-tmpfiles-setup.service @595ms +25ms
                              └─systemd-journal-flush.service @558ms +33ms
                                └─systemd-journald.service @422ms +133ms
                                  └─machine-id.service @362ms +56ms
                                    └─systemd-journald.socket @132ms
                                      └─system.slice @125ms
                                        └─-.slice @125ms

Interesting. Because starting/stopping this service over SSH after boot is instantaneous.

Edit 2: Full debug info is here http://ix.io/2yGa