9.2.6 Discussion

Here is totally clean image, with only that one video addon installed. No settings was touched except enabling debug. Same (wrong) behauviour :frowning:

clean 9.2.6 Amlogic

1 Like

It’s a known issue which was confirmed several times. We are looking into fixing this for CE19 first stable.

Is 9.2.6 Kodi Matrix ? I hope no because matrix give me many trouble with my addon …

No, 9.2.6 is based on Leia.

Just upgraded my Minix NEO U1 (Amlogic.arm) with CoreELEC 9.2.6 and interestingly enough, I now seem to have a similar issue I was bringing up on the Kodi forums with an Android distribution: video (and thus the whole device) gets stuck after a video stream is stopped. This is very strange, does anyone have suggestions on debugging this?
Edit: Downgrade to 9.2.5 helped here.

JimmyS, can you try this image with one Kodi patch provided by cdu13a: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PuVsTOQs6Tn1Qf0XSxtniuUheYr9-3Vp/view?usp=sharing

I recently pushed some fixes for kodi (thanks to boot2k3 for pointing out one of the missing patches) that should help with your streaming addon problems. They will be in the next nightly amlogic builds.

In the meantime if you can try the build posted by vpeter, and give feedback that would be great. It contains one of the two patches that were missing for kodi on the amlogic builds.

The developers unfortunately can’t test everything todo with streaming since many streams are geo blocked to specific areas or require accounts. So this is one area that we are dependent on some user feedback on.

Update on Odroid-N2 : major impact, rollback required

Dears,

Feb 27th, my CoreElec Odroid-N2 device asked me to restart to update.

Since it has been done (I checked boot files, matching), playing videos, any, is no longer possible.
Old MP4 are not smooth, other formats (1080p and above, mkv or whatever) are no longer playing, freezing a few seconds after start.

Some infos : I am with a 4K screen, data comes from a SMB server.

Please advise if repair will arrive soon or if I must rollback.

Thanks

same for me

Is your screen in 4K ?

Please check if you have sync playback to display enabled and disable it.

Hello Vasco,

It was set on Start/Stop. Disabling it apparently solves the issue.

To check if this does not add side effects in playing movies, will see that from time to time :slight_smile:

Thanks !

Just to be sure, there are two different options, the adjust display refresh rate should be on start/stop. The Sync playback to display should be disabled.

Correct. 2 of 3 screen are 4K. The older 1080p panel performs as the others. No issues so far playing content, in an array of various compression standards, stored on my NFS or SMB NAS shares.

Hi folks,

I can also confirm I had playback issues after the update. I rolled back to 9.2.5 from within Kodi and all OK again. Sorry - at this time, no logs.

I have two new Odroids N2+ being delivered this week and will try again with fresh builds.

Solo

Will another build update be done before Matrix ? like 9.2.7 or 9.3 soon ?

9.2 is EOL

Just to let you know, 9.2.6 works perfectly on my X88 s922X box. Even CEC seems to work with this version. On 9.2.5 this was only about 20% of the times CEC, the other 80% I needed to change HDMI channel back and forth to get cec running. The last about 8 to 10 (since 9.2.6) times after switching on the box (cec suspend mode) it picks right up and works directly, this never happened before!

Thanks for al your hard work!

So no update before next Matrix ?