CoreELEC 19.1-Matrix_rc2 Discussion

Please use this thread for general 19.1-Matrix_rc2 discussion

Khadas VIM3l users

Please be sure you have a file /flash/dtb.img on your current eMMC installation before upgrade to CoreELEC-19-Matrix! Otherwise the device will stop booting and a recovery will be needed!

Open a SSH connection and check it by:

CoreELEC:~ # ls /flash/dtb.img
/flash/dtb.img

If the output look like this the system is compatible and can be upgraded to CoreELEC-19-Matrix. If you get a “file not found” please restore your system like with a Android image or a compatible krescue image before upgrade! Please keep in mind the VIM3L HTPC kit is including a not official image by Team CoreELEC so maybe it does not support the upgrade as well.

3 Likes

What about Librespot? Does it works on this release?
Updated through CoreELEC settings and it does not works. Says “Installation failed”.
Tomorrow gonna try to do clean install of this release.

P.S. Good job CE Team! :slight_smile:

Please try the “check for updates” option on the left side of the addons menu and try to install again. It worked here.

It works! :slight_smile: Finally :smiley:

Time to do clean install.

Can somebody help me with locating setting option: “sync playback to display”, i need it for custom speedup command player(tempoup) for increasing speed in youtube

The option is removed as it cause only issues. It got removed on other embedded platforms as well.

Working great here on my Odroid N2! Thanks!!

Updated from 9.2.6 (I think) to 19.rc1 and now to 19.rc2. Had a few hicccups after the first update to Kodi 19, but after a few reboots everthing was settled.

Now the GUI Settings-CoreELEC-Connections interface does not work for wireguard VPN connections (it does not maintain the connection or make it permanent as in CE 9.2.x). Now you need to use the connmanctl connect vpn_xxxxxxxxxxx command in autostart.sh

Works well, was on nightlies as RC1 gave me some CEC issues, but RC2 works fine. Probably no changes to CEC, just my picky Tv!

@Portisch
I’ve got an AMLogic s905x3 and have had issues with stuttering when using HDMI multi-channel PCM, which was resolved by manually running ‘echo 6 > /sys/class/audiodsp/digital_codec’. I was wondering if it would be the proper fix to add a case to the AMLogic specific block in CAESinkALSA::Initialize to check for multi-channel PCM and, if so, set aml_digital_codec to 6; or if this would be incorrect.

Please use this image, play one file and then upload kodi.log.

https://mega.nz/file/2DJUkDgB#oiPgB3vdEjiie7yRbOcj4RJBev_vKx9XuHDbs-n2IPU

Try this build
https://mega.nz/file/dCpF0IZC#pRpEeQ8db7j-9bQULzbAmVlXd3KW9Ih6jqI297iZuTo

dmesg-portisch.log (108.5 KB) kodi-portisch.log (2.6 MB)
@Portisch
No luck, skipping still present. In addition to ‘echo 6 > /sys/class/audiodsp/digital_codec’ stopping the skipping(appears this trick no longer resolves my issue), I’ve also discovered that it doesn’t skip if the audio configuration is set to Fixed, and limit sample rate is set to 48kHz. However, that disables the passthrough option.

[Multi-channel Audio Issues over HDMI - #2 by Ray (Multi-channel Audio Issues over HDMI - #2 by Ray)
Switching the resolution to 1080p as suggested in this other post also seems to fix the issue.

@dplim87 Try the build I posted above.

@TheCoolest I had, no luck with that one either. Would you like me to post logs for that build too?

Does it behave the same way?

@TheCoolest
Yes, I have to do some more testing when I get the chance; but I think it may be related to the combination of the audio and source file’s video resolution or codec, as I’ve been able to play 4k content with 2ch AAC 44.1kHz audio with stereo upmixing enabled without issue. But the source file (from a trailer on YouTube (and also others), 1440p vp9, 44.1kHz AAC) still has issue with both an mkv or mp4 container used. Playback of the audio or video tracks separately do not seem to have an issue. But the combination of both causes an AV sync issue that causes stuttering unless the video resolution is set to 1080p or the audio configuration is set to fixed with the limit sample rate setting at 48kHz.

Update: unsure of whether the latest nightly changed anything or it just decided to start working properly… But I don’t seem to have the issue as of right now :man_shrugging:t2:

Which AVR or Soundbar do you have?
Also, can you share a sample for us to try and reproduce?

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Looking for users with no working WiFi or BT

CE 19 works n1 so far. I there a plan to move EmuElec Addon to matrix ? Or is it possible via dual boot?