CoreELEC 19.2-Matrix_rc2 Discussion

Greetings, I went from CE 9.2.7 Stable at the CE Matrix_RC2 Stable on X96 Air and everything worked well, also fluent YouTube HDR went, except for Add-on Tools Mono for WebGrab Plus not with Matrix compatible. Is the chance that sometimes will Tools Mono compatible for Matrix? For this, I had to return back to CE 9.2.7, I’d rather be on CE Matix.

I see for the mono addon: Mono is no longer maintained and has been removed.

So far I used these Tools.Mono-9.2.114, 9.2.115, 9.2.117, thoradia/9.2/Amlogic/arm/tools.mono at master · thoradia/thoradia · GitHub but they are all operating in Matrix_RC2 that they are incompatible with the system.

This one installs: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RMvUJMq2KLR3w4kTZmxgOLZt_rHhpScn/view?usp=sharing

The only difference is python version in addon.xml.

Great, it works. Thank you very much for your help.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice. A fresh install has resolved the issue :smiley:

1 Like

It turns out the addon has a separete flag to configure DRM to be played using Widevine. Issue spotted by mediaminister on github.

FWIW : Some (DRM?) content plays way too fast and audio out of sync. But only so on CoreELEC. · Issue #890 · add-ons/plugin.video.vrt.nu · GitHub
mediaminister says
There is a defect with HLS-streams and Kodi/CoreELEC, all VRT NU VOD-streams should work with or without Widevine DRM.

Hello,
I upgraded my VIM 3 with firmware V210527. But since then, I no longer have a network on Kodi (CoreELEC 19.2-Matrix / Boot SD).

Please ask in Khadas forum as we do not have any hint what got changed by Khadas, thank you.

Hi Bindou! Long time no see! Hope everything is alright! Just out of curiosity, you lost both ethernet and wifi?

Hi Vasco,
Yes both !
I’ll be looking this weekend…

Something changed in khadas new build. Please report your findings.

https://discourse.coreelec.org/t/how-to-post-debug-logs/6494/2

Latest version, which I just installed:

But I had older firmware from several generations. The change may have taken place on a previous version. (I do not know if I’m clear)

No URL without network :frowning:

Use serial console?

I don’t know how to do that. Sorry
What is strange is that when I boot from Android, the connection works perfectly. It is really on CoreElec that it no longer works.

One option is to use the old version which works fine with CE.

Yes, but I had another bug (display micro-cuts). Here the problem is solved, but it is the network this time.

I will try with an intermediate version. Fingers crossed.

@Bindou I tried the firmware and wifi works. You may have to delete the connection and reconnect, or free some static lease from router and configure it again but it works. I’m using it since yesterday. Ethernet doesn’t work correctly and is broken at gigabit speed. If you use ethool to make it 100mb you ar able to connect using ethernet. This is not a solution it’s only until we figure out what’s going on. If you have no use for this may firmware from khadas you can revert to the January one where everything just works.