CoreELEC 19.2-Matrix_rc3 Discussion

I use CoreELEC only for LiveTV from my Enigma2 Receiver.

When I have both options disabled I have the problem for every UHD channel that everytime HDR is enabled and the colors are wrong.

All the channels here in Germany uses HLG for HDR.

The most content on the UHD channels here in Germany is without HDR.

But somestimes HDR is used by the channels.
And then the Automatic option enabled the correct HDR colors and when no HDR content was delivered the correct color without HDR was displayed (in the most cases).

Enable HDR ā†’ SDR.

I installed a new version 19.2 rc3 and now I have a problem with IPTV Simple Client switching the channel takes me 30s to the old version 9.2.7 itā€™s ok.

I am sending a protocol.
http://ix.io/3w0M

dmesg
http://ix.io/3w0O

Updated my n2 from 9.2.7 to 19.1 rc3,done it in 5mins with odroid emmc module,this little stick makes it much easier and quicker,thought I might have problems as itā€™s recommended to update pettitboot first and Iā€™m using the original pettitboot fw that came with my n2 but ive not found any problems yet,need to read up on how t o update that,but thx to the Dev,s the update process was easy

Check this: Audio dropouts every 4 minutes in MP4 playback - #7 by RickDB

no, unfortunately it didnā€™t help. Other PVRs work well.
I have no sound problems. Kodi freezes for a moment with each switch. I noticed some FFMPEG errors in the log.

edit:
I searched a little. And Iā€™ve found that a lot of people have a problem with the IPTV simple client freezing under Kodi 19. Can you fix it?

@Portisch Used the above said DTB for AM6B, ā€œGreen LEDā€ option came up in CoreELEC > Hardware settings but LED stay only Red. Tried many combinations as you said. Attached the dtb.xml for your reference.
Please help.
dtb.xml (7.3 KB)

Dear,
Strange behaviour with rc3 , CE Refused to install pvr VDR VNSI. (installation failed)
here are errors from Kodi.log

2021-08-16 16:23:05.559 T:5275    ERROR <general>: GetDirectory - Error getting zip://special%3a%2f%2fhome%2faddons%2fpackages%2fpvr.vdr.vnsi-8.2.2.3.zip/
2021-08-16 16:23:05.559 T:5275    ERROR <general>: CAddonInstallJob[pvr.vdr.vnsi]: invalid package special://home/addons/packages/pvr.vdr.vnsi-8.2.2.3.zip
2021-08-16 16:23:06.023 T:5275    ERROR <general>: Could not find suitable input format: x-directory/normal

Looks broken links, Any idea?
Thanks in advance
JP

I got the same thing accessing CE and also Kodi repos in rc3

First try to refresh repository.

I tried installing pvr.vdr.vnsi addon from CoreELEC repo and something from Kodi repo. And both were installed.

Iā€™ll try again later. Might have been temporaryā€¦

found it , just go to the left side menu ( in add-on) and make a refresh
Rgds
JP

refresh did not help. Waiting some more did :wink:

Created a github issue, widevine not usable for at least this addon:

1 Like

Try this command in ssh console

sed -i "s|return system, arch|return system, 'armv7l'|g" /storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.ziggo/resources/lib/base/l3/util.py
  sed -i "s|return system, arch|return system, 'armv7l'|g" /storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.ziggo/resources/lib/base/l6/inputstream.py

If this two files doesnā€™t exists adjust the path.

Update: Or you can try with tomorrow nightly - we identify the root cause in CoreELEC itself.

1 Like

I setup a clean system, executed these lines (files seem to be there), didnā€™t solve the issue.
As this seems to be identified, i will just jump on the nightlies tomorrow :wink:
I did not understand how the old widevine version was still running anyway, so i was expecting to move on in the near future :wink:

Again, thanks so much, cheers!

Your install doesnā€™t update automatically? Mine does (N2+).

Latest nighly does solve the issue (the new version of the addon including the fix did not)